2018 Chinese PLA Type 13 MRE Individual Meal Ready to Eat - Worst Ration Taste Testing

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winston

Lorenzo von Matterhorn
Reaction score
Perhaps this was made available for foreign sale because it was from a known bad lot?

"This Chinese Type 13 MRE menu 3 is truly one of the worst quality rations for a large military in the world. Bulky, overweight, low quality and half of it inedible completely. Chinese PLA pull it off again with yet another substandard ration. But this time they really pull off that notion more than ever. And this is not my first time running into this issue with these PLA rations. But it's certainly the last time I will ever be foolish enough to consume any green Chinese food. I ate a 112 year old US Army Emergency Ration this month (Still editing - 6 hours footage on 2 cameras..) and did not get sick... I ate this Type 13 menu 3 and got sick. Let that sink in a little on China's quality control on food for their rations."

China is poisoning its own people
18 Oct 2013

https://www.baltimoresun.com/opinion/bs-xpm-2013-10-18-bs-ed-brinkely-china-20131018-story.html

China is poisoning its own people and making no apparent effort to stop this.

Most people know about the unprecedented air pollution in major Chinese cities. For months, photos of Beijing and other cities obscured by the gray-brown muck have been on the front pages of newspapers worldwide.

But even more serious problems are leading people to consume toxic rice and other foods, while also creating other shocking consequences -- like the 42 deaths and more than 1,500 serious injuries in Shaanxi province from hornet-swarm stings in recent weeks.

A government survey in 2006 found that 10 percent of the nation's arable land was hopelessly polluted with cadmium and other heavy metals that wreak serious health problems if consumed.

And then in 2008, Nanjing Agricultural University published a study that said 60 percent of the rice purchased in southern provincial markets was tainted with cadmium, an element that has largely gone out of use worldwide because of its toxicity -- though it's still used to make rechargeable nickel-cadmium batteries. That's an important Chinese industrial product.

Other studies, the Wall Street Journal reported, indicated that some of this rice was also tainted with arsenic and lead.

This year, the government concluded another land-pollution study. But when the results came in, the Ministry of Environmental Protection refused to make them public, calling the results "a state secret."

Back