Where can I find buran blueprints?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timothyterpsalot

Reaction score
In the past I have come across blueprints showing the shape of the ribs in the fuselage and wigs and where they are located within the structure. I don't remember where I found them on the net. Any help? Thanks!!!

This would be a start:

https://www.astronautix.com/craft/buran.htm

If you can get ahold of a copy of Peter Alway's "Rockets of the World," he has very detailed exterior diagrams on the vehicle (and the Energia booster).

I don't think it has information on the interior structure, but it has very accurate info on the exterior.

If you are looking to build a scale flying version of the Buran, be advised that Drew Tomko who was a forum member here (don't know if he still is) built a pretty awesome one based off the Estes 1/162 Space shuttle kit. I got to see it fly at NERRF a couple of years ago and it is really something to see the job he did on this thing. He is one of the finest scale modelers I've run into. Anyway, enough praise heaped on him for the day. If you check the old TRF archives I'm sure you will find the very long build thread he did on here with pictures aplenty. Good stuff!

Glenn

Sweet. Thanks george! Exactly what I was looking for. And thanks for everyone else who contributed as well!

Back