hybrid start in the rain...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

legranddudu

Reaction score
..still good for nice footage...first half of film real time, second part same scene in slow motion...contrail (of course!) hybrid motor, 54mm diameter, 36 inches long, 910cc nitrous,, sparky II reload with 3/16 injector and medium nozzle = J412...enjoy that my friends..yesterday in east bavaria..Prost!

[video=youtube_share;sCrQffSpkHU]https://youtu.be/sCrQffSpkHU[/video]

copyright & all credits and thanks to Leo Nutz

Last edited:
and a few pitures of the launch day...setup of GSE and ramp..of course having a sausage, we are in Germany :))

k_IMG_34502.jpgk_IMG_34503.jpgk_IMG_34506.jpgk_IMG_34509.jpg

pictures and additional video from the launch...got it today...

IMG_1176-001.jpg

and now the flight..check the detailled video view of the pad at the top of this thread...Something went a little bit wrong. the preheater "exploded" instead of "fast burning": the motor lost approx 1/3 of his nitrous before ignition occured. Only 350 meters altitude. Main came out nearly after apogee, as altimeter was set for 300m. Worked as designed but not the ignition sequence. Not a desaster as nothing was damaged, simple disfunction to be corrected next time (place of preheater and ignitor position on the preheater). The crowd was pleased anyway..got beer for free ;-)

[video=youtube_share;6W9_yVaVw0w]https://youtu.be/6W9_yVaVw0w[/video]

Last edited:
Although the weather was far from ideal it was nonetheless a great day.

Yummy food and particularly the hybrids were a sight to see!

I only got my Maxi Alpha 3 up in the sky, that on it's maiden flight:

Maxi_Alpha_3_Salching.jpg

Picture perfect flight on an Estes D12-5.

Then the rain started to sneak in. I had planed on doing more test flights with my ALTDuino but the Estes Mongoose is not rain resistant.

Some of the rockets over here are something to see.

The Arguna 1B e.g. (see picture in above posts) is all metal and completely hand made, I mean everthing! It's a work of art and launcher is cool too.

Back