Aerotech not shipping motors to Canada soon?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GDJ

Semi-retired Rocketry guy
Reaction score
I've been hearing rumours and stuff around the stores here in Canada that Aerotech is no longer shipping to Canada due to some kind of Border/shipping dispute or issue. Can anybody confirm or deny this?

I'm sending a E-mail to Aerotech themselves and seeing if this is true or not.

I've been hearing rumours and stuff around the stores here in Canada that Aerotech is no longer shipping to Canada due to some kind of Border/shipping dispute or issue. Can anybody confirm or deny this?

I'm sending a E-mail to Aerotech themselves and seeing if this is true or not.

Say what?! I'm wearing my NAR Aerotech freebie hat and waiting with breathless anticipation of the answer.:y:

Meanwhile, elsewhere in Cesaroni land...

Got one reply so far from Discount Rocketry:

Good evening Geoffrey,
They don't really have any distributors in Canada for a while now. And they
also do not certify any of their newer engines. So, I think partially you
are correct, they do not have much interest in Canadian sales.

I am getting all my engines from US distributors, so you should still see
them on the site. :)

Have a great evening,
Pavel Denau
(519) 573 7110

Waiting on a few other vendors up here and I put in a e-mail directly to Aerotech. We'll see what they say.

Got one reply so far from Discount Rocketry:

Good evening Geoffrey,
They don't really have any distributors in Canada for a while now. And they
also do not certify any of their newer engines. So, I think partially you
are correct, they do not have much interest in Canadian sales.

I am getting all my engines from US distributors, so you should still see
them on the site. :)

Have a great evening,
Pavel Denau
(519) 573 7110

Waiting on a few other vendors up here and I put in a e-mail directly to Aerotech. We'll see what they say.
Geoffrey

Please don't post rumors like this and then use a US vendor's irrelevant comment on a Canadian supply issue to confirm it. The e-mail has no standing.

1. AT does certify it's new motors. Both NAR S&T and TRA TMT cerify AT motors. It we don't certiffy an AT motor it can't be sold in the US.

2. AT customer service is the only legitamate source of the answer to your question. E-mail them and post the reply.

Bob

1. AT does certify it's new motors. Both NAR S&T and TRA TMT cerify AT motors. It we don't certiffy an AT motor it can't be sold in the US.

Bob,
Just a clarification. The "certification" probably refers to the regulatory (ERD, like your DOT) process, i.e. competent authority approvals. Not the S&T/TMT/CMCC cert's.
Jeroen

Just wanted to clarify that the reply embedded by Geoffrey was from Canadian vendor. And yes, I was referring to NRCAN certification.

As for the issue. I am not sure how Aerotech used to ship motors here. In theory in order to get it across the border the consignee needs an import permit and if we are talking about G and above motors - you also need to have licensed storage facility. Same applies to selling G and above motors, although this may vary by province.
It is also been for a while that USPS does not allow any engines in cross border mail.
Perhaps this is what the issue is about?

Have a great day everybody,
PD.

Geoffrey

Please don't post rumors like this and then use a US vendor's irrelevant comment on a Canadian supply issue to confirm it. The e-mail has no standing.

Bob

Just wanted to clarify that the reply embedded by Geoffrey was from Canadian vendor. And yes, I was referring to NRCAN certification.

Right. Thanks for that Bob.

Received word from another vendor in Calgary, CANADA:

Geoff,

I have heard that from a local Hobby Shop, but I as a distributor have not been so informed. I do know that the volume of sales of Aerotech in Canada has shrunk significantly, especially in the High-Power side, CTI has effectively moved in on the Canadian market which is still very small, like around 130 CAR High-Power flyers nationwide. Due to lack of interest I have not placed any order with Aerotech for two years now, trying to sell my remaining inventory before ordering any more. Estes has forged an alliance with Aerotech and now sell Aerotech manufactured E, F and G expendables under the Estes "Pro II" name. The problem with Mid Power is the need to find large sites to fly, hence non CAR members usually do not buy or fly them. I still have lots of mid-power stock so that should not become problematic for the next year or so, and as that inventory is reduced I would then place an order to restock.

Garth

Back