2 New Kits available at 3D ROCKETRY

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slickwilly

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have two new kits available and a payload/electronics bay starter combo. The kits are called Dark Pyramid 3D and Lunar Eclipse 3D. Both are 2.26" Dia. x 43 1/2" long and they both have thru the wall 1/8" birch plywood fin construction on the main outer fins. The center 1/2" birch ply fins are surface mounted.
I have added a 10" payload/electronics bay starter option and a electronics bay starter option. The electronics bay starter has 5 3/4" LOC fiber coupler tube, (2) 3/16" thk plywood bulkheads, (2) 1/2" wide fiber bulkhead stop tubes, (2) 3/16"x1 1/2" eyebolts, (4) nuts and (4) washers. Payload bay combo and electronics bay starter are sold with kits only! Also check out the coming soon page!

Enjoy

Dark Pyramid 3D kit.jpg

Lunar Eclipse 3D kit.jpg

Dark Pyramid 3D 2.JPG

Lunar Eclipse 3D 2.JPG

Sweet price on the payload/e-bay combo!:D May have to get one come the 1st..

Hey Pantherjon,
Normally I would sell a payload/ebay starter with a kit only and since you purchased a Dark Comet 3D you can buy the pay/ebay starter and I will pay 1/2 the shipping cost.

That ion challenger looks great! You will see and order for that one from me at some point!

I don't know how practical it is, but you could get a really cool effect by using different woods for different parts, then just clear coating the fins.

Imagine, for example, cherry for the outer part, and basswood for the inner. Build it, set it in the sun for a few months so the cherry picks up some nice color, and it would be killer.

-Kevin

Oh yeah! (problem is that I have 50+ HPR kits in my build queue--maybe I could move it up?)

Oh hey, and better yet, see now that 3D Rocketry is just "up the road" in Bourbonnais, IL. Feel even better now supporting a "local" business!

IMG_0392.JPG

Last edited:
Two new kits are coming soon in the BT-60/24mm MMT size. The two kits are the Ion Challenger 3D and Lunar Eclipse 3D. The Ion Challenger will be a thru the wall plywood fin kit and the Lunar Eclipse is going to be surface mount plywood fins, also plastic nose cones, kevlar shock cords and 15in Mylar parachutes. They will be "D" (with spacer tube) or "E" power engine capable. 24mm reload motors will work too. Estimated for sale date will be the end of Febuary 2012.

Lunar Eclipse 3D.JPG

Ion Challenger 3D.JPG

Back