Midwest Power 9

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRIFFIN

Reaction score
Just registered and can't wait!!!!

Let's hear what everyone plans on bringing this year.

Tim still owes us an "O" launch with the "Mega" rumor has it, he might just do better and give us a "P"

No matter what Tim brings, It will be a great launch. I look forward to hooking up with some great people that I have made friends with from all over the country.

I have a few motors waiting to burn. Here is what I am bringing, lets see what else will be there, maybe a few "Recycling Bottle Rockets" maybe an "N-Force" ( come on Mike, ya know ya want to).

DarkStar- J530
DarkStar Extreme-M840 (love the long burn) & L851
DarkStar Ultimate-N300 (Tiger Tail)
Wildman 3"- L640, K590, K300
Little Rascal- I100 & K160 (Did I mention I like long burns)
Blackhawk- J-something
Save The Ta-Ta's (Breast Cancer Rocket) - K-something
4" Red Max- What ever Mark (stickershock) wants to dragrace with.
Wild Child- G's-I's (When I'm tired of reloading ejection charges)

Now that I see my list....It migt not all happen in 3 days. The only for sure will be the Ultimate DarkStar on the "N"

While I am typing this.....everyone else is in Kansas at LDRS and the LAST thing on their minds is MWP!!!

Hope to see you all there.

What an U bringing? asmuch as we can fit in the truck and still drive.....

See you there

Seriously I hope to bring my 10 fat boy and M power it.

The Fiberglass super Dx3 still needs a successful flight

5.5 Inch der red max probably on a 5 grain 54mm K skid plus 3 airstarts.

who knows what else I will get in there..

What an U bringing? asmuch as we can fit in the truck and still drive.....

See you there

Seriously I hope to bring my 10 fat boy and M power it.

The Fiberglass super Dx3 still needs a successful flight

5.5 Inch der red max probably on a 5 grain 54mm K skid plus 3 airstarts.

who knows what else I will get in there..

Great Mark! Glad your gonna make it out again this year (now with some "real" rockets).

We'll be there...can't wait!

12" Big dumb V2: M2200 Red
6" Baditude: M2100 White
5" Tarantula: N2800 White
4" Thunderbird M2200 Skid
Pile of smaller rockets on J, K, L motors as time permits.

Hey J:
DarkStar Ultimate-N300 (Tiger Tail)
What grain geometry gets you an N300 Tiger Tail;) The Tiger Tail I flew in the 17,500 case was an N3000...you must love those long burns!

-Eric-

Last edited:
Registered and reserved rooms today, can't wait. Looks like we're going to have a much larger WOOSH contingent this year, from what I'm hearing. Going to be awesome.:D

Looking forward to it. But still have four rockets to finish beforehand!

For those that haven't been, you gotta come. It's like a three day party complete with night launch. And for those that were at LDRS30, in comparison the LCO's at MWP launch rockets at least 5X faster with dual commercial/research ranges.

For those that haven't been, you gotta come. It's like a three day party complete with night launch. And for those that were at LDRS30, in comparison the LCO's at MWP launch rockets at least 5X faster with dual commercial/research ranges.

The LCO at the night launch tends to be more entertaining than others as well...:y: I can't wait to fly my Leading Edge Rocketry night birds!!!!

Eric, are you bringing the pumpkin?

My dad and I will be there! I can't wait!

Here's what I'm bringing:

Talon 3 on an EX J
K&S Arctic Wolf on the other EX J
Scratch Built on an H268, expecting about 5000'
Another Scratch built on a J510, expecting about 9500'
Another Try of the PML Thunder N Lightning on a J350 to an I1299
Giant Leap Doppler Shift with an EX ~L1500 blue to about 15,000'
Plus some Leading Edge rockets for the night launch

This should be fun!

Thanks for the reminder -- registered and booked hotel rooms today. Just got a shiny new mixer (that's neither shiny nor new) so I'm excited to have an excuse to use it. Plus it's the weekend after my area exams sooooo... bring on the three day party :cool:

The LCO at the night launch tends to be more entertaining than others as well...:y:

Yeah, we need to remember to ask him about the Boy Scouts' apple/peach/cherry cobbler again this year :eyepop:

We'll be there...can't wait!

Big dumb V2: M1950 Red
Baditude: M2100 White
Air-X Delamar M2200 Skid
Pile of smaller rockets on J, K, L motors as time permits.

Hey J:
What grain geometry gets you an N300 Tiger Tail;) The Tiger Tail I flew in the 17,500 case was an N3000...you must love those long burns!

-Eric-

TYPO Eric- N3000 (that would be a nice long burn!!!)

Eric, are you bringing the pumpkin?

Chad, Yes and No. I retired/recycled/demolished the original Pyro Pumpkin after last year's lawn dart...it was pretty well worn out after a few successful, and a few not-so-successful flights. That said, Pyro Pumpkin II flew on an L666 Skid at MWP5, but the timer failed to fire the charges and resulted in a lawn dart. I cleaned up the pieces of that rocket and have a new pumpkin, so Pyro Pumpkin 2.5 should be there flying on an L666 skid or L700 Blue Baboon:)

This is going to be a great launch...as it always is! I'm firmly guessing the 12" Darkstar will fly on the giant juice jug as well.

-Eric-

:lol:

Which, oddly, reminds me -- anyone else down for a Wild Child drag race at MWP? We didn't get to Le Mans 'em at LDRS, so mine is patiently awaiting its opportunity...

I am there!!

Yeah, I was supposed to go at LDRS but heard nothing until it was announced that they were ready on the pad :confused:. So my brand new shiny rocket saw no action.

... maybe a few "Recycling Bottle Rockets" ...

there will be at least two (mine and Judy's), trying to make it a reunion of all four.

While I am typing this.....everyone else is in Kansas at LDRS and the LAST thing on their minds is MWP!!!

Hope to see you all there.

While I was at LDRS, I actually WAS thinking about MWP, the midwest's premier rocketry event. While the Kloudbusters ran a great event (thanks a bunch), the speed bumps in green safety vests (TV people) tended to slow the entire operation down a bit, whether or not you were even involved with their production. No such problem at MWP. I'll bring everything I brought to Kansas, plus a little more....

• 10" Jayhawk on an M4770
  • 12" modular booster with the Vanessa Doofenshmirtz legged lander on top.
  • JayCoke Zero on an L3150 (or M3400 if Judy can talk me into it.)
  • Pandora (Ultimate Wildman) in the N5800 drag race
  • Blinky (3" night flier) on some sparky TBD.

IMGP6628.jpg

IMG_7253.jpg

Last edited:
Sather,

Great! Will be a treat to see your big stuff fly!

-Tim

there will be at least one (mine), trying to make it a reunion of all four.

While I was at LDRS, I actually WAS thinking about MWP, the midwest's premier rocketry event. While the Kloudbusters ran a great event (thanks a bunch), the speed bumps in green safety vests (TV people) tended to slow the entire operation down a bit, whether or not you were even involved with their production. No such problem at MWP. I'll bring everything I brought to Kansas, plus a little more....

• 10" Jayhawk on an M4770
  • 12" modular booster with the Vanessa Doofenshmirtz legged lander on top.
  • JayCoke Zero on an L3150 (or M3400 if Judy can talk me into it.)
  • Pandora (Ultimate Wildman) in the N5800 drag race
  • Blinky (3" night flier) on some sparky TBD.

Speaking of the N5800 drag race, is there a scheduled time and day for this yet?

Are all of the rockets going to be the Ultimate Wildman?

My family can't attend the entire three days, so it would be nice to plan to see this. It sounds incredible.

I started some long needed repairs on my 5.5: der red max today... she should be ready to go for MWP...

I really can't wait.

OK so I dug out my 95% complete Little John and decided to try and make it 100% complete. Hopefully I'll have that on some sort of 2550 or 3500 white or blue, plus my Competitor (in need of a paint job after bouncing around in Tim's RV all summer) or Dark Star on a 6000 white, and maybe a 7600 white or TT if I get enough time to mix before then. Plus miscellaneous smaller things, as time permits.
So, when are you officially Dr. Dave?

:cheers:
Two years, if I keep my act together, pass areas, and nail prelims. So, realistically, three years. But it's OK, I like flying with y'all back here, so it'll be a good time either way!

Hotel is reserved.

I'm going to Midwest Power!

While I have been to a lot of local launches, my friend John and I made the journey to LDRS XXX. Un-believable!

This will be my first MWP.

I think I know Tim well enough to know, this is going to be a helluva good show!

Now the question, how am I going to know who all you people are? I'm thinking of putting my TRF handle on my tag....?

P.S. I was the guy at LDRS with the American Flag shirt, shown here with, eh-hem...Kari Byron.

jff090411173930.jpg

Hotel is reserved.

While I have been to a lot of local launches, my friend John and I made the journey to LDRS XXX. Un-believable!

I think I know Tim well enough to know, this is going to be a helluva good show!

Now the question, how am I going to know who all you people are? I'm thinking of putting my TRF handle on my tag....?

P.S. I was the guy at LDRS with the American Flag shirt, shown here with, eh-hem...Kari Byron.

I have always thought that would be a good idea (the name tag thing). A good way to get to know everyone is just talk to a bunch of people. I have made so many good friends in a short amount of time at these launches. The rocket community is really a great group of people. Mine should be easy, My last name is my TRF handle and it will be on my name tag. See ya there.

Hotel is reserved.

Where ya' stayin? Are you bringin the fam?

Chad, looks like there are going to be a lot of us Woosh people there!

Staying at the Days Inn Friday and Saturday night. I'll be at MWP all 3 days.

(Wish I could have been at LDRS for all 6 days.....)

The Wife and kids may stop out Saturday, just for the day.

She said they would be more than happy to go for all 3 days, provided I join her in a 3 day scrap-booking party......:kill:

Reservation for one, please...:D

Chad, looks like there are going to be a lot of us Woosh people there!

Staying at the Days Inn Friday and Saturday night. I'll be at MWP all 3 days.

(Wish I could have been at LDRS for all 6 days.....)

The Wife and kids may stop out Saturday, just for the day.

She said they would be more than happy to go for all 3 days, provided I join her in a 3 day scrap-booking party......:kill:

Reservation for one, please...:D

Cool, we're staying there too. They have a nice bar and (last year, anyway) a questionable band for all hallows eve. We'll be checking in Thursday, CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Back