Helicopter Recovery Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAL3

Reaction score
This was my very first copter recovery rocket. I know its a bit heavy but it has worked well for me every time I have tried it. The kids loved it.

My thread is here: https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?t=3735

Unfortunately, I have no pics with the blades deployed.

Attachments

• SW-F1d.jpg
    SW-F1d.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 25
Sport or compeititon flying makes very little difference!
Helicopter recovery models have got to be one of the KEWLEST type models flying.
yes they can be a little complicated, some harder to build then others but it really doesn't matter...they are all really fun to watch come back.

I'd have to include Maple seed recovery in this as well. While not nearly as complicated as HD recovery they are still Auto-gyroing down:)

Helicopters-a_8thA thur F motor class_09-05.jpg

476a1_CorkScrew 2blade Sport Heli Complete_01-31-08.JPG

476a2_CorkScrew 2blade Heli Recovery mode_01-31-08.JPG

Last edited:
Oops! I forgot to post my Whirl-A-While. It was an interesting build that did what it was supposed...on the ground. Up in the air was another story due solely to my build blunders.

It only got one outing but flew 4 times. It was getting better with each flight but did not survive the last.

WaW-f1a.jpg

WaW-f3b.jpg

WaW-f4a.jpg

I take pleasure in presenting my WINNING mini Rotaroc which managed to do pretty well in spite of all my blunders.

Attachments

• mrr-f1a.jpg
    mrr-f1a.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 27
  • mrr-f2d.jpg
    mrr-f2d.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 30
  • mrr-f2f.jpg
    mrr-f2f.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 28
Back