SCALE - SA-8 GECKO Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sodmeister

Reaction score
Here`s yet another TLP kit ,but one you probably haven`t seen before.It`s the usual scenario with me.....plenty of add ons and detail ,along with Basswood fins and Finish Cure Epoxy soaked nose-cone paper hat/cone.

As always ,actual detailed pictures were few and far between ,but I found two goodish ones showing details and color.

Here is part 1 ;

Paul

phpB9iMPVAM.jpg

phpdL0boJAM.jpg

phpE0hGJ0AM.jpg

phpJnNYWbAM.jpg

phpKOe4ejAM.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If TLP used your version for the cover art of theSA-8 Gecko, I'm sure they would sell alot more of them. Well done!

Dude, where are you getting all the detail information?
:jaw:
Your work is fab, wish I could do that.

Thanks guys ,you are too kind :eek:

Marlin -the raised bolt heads are pieces of styrene rod ,sliced and epoxied onto the base object.The other bolt patterns are decals.Styrene is great stuff for super detailing ,check your local hobbyshop or train shop.

Layne-You know how it is with trying to find good info ,and this thing was no different.....but I just happened to find two pictures of a static round and one not so good of one being fired.Artistic license play a healthy part also ;)

Paul

How do you do the bolt patterns?

Marlin ,here are a couple of close up shots of some parts for the Rapier and Gecko.It shows various parts made of styrene rods and "I" beams as well as various sheets of diff. thicknesses,glued to phenolic body tube or kraft tube.The styrene is glued to itself using Tenax7 liquid glue.....while the styrene part is glued to the BT parts using 5min. epoxy.I rough sand the styrene part and wash with alcohol before applying the epoxy to the parts.

The long fin strakes were made of styrene and used instead of balsa or basswood ,then the holes marked and drilled on my drill press.I then used a countersink to chamfer the holes.

HTH

Cheers

Paul

php8LTJmOPM.jpg

phpG7MlvnPM.jpg

Last edited:
Guys let's try to keep the gallery threads lean. There are more appropriate places for scale data and building techniques. Thanks! These threads are specifically for photos of finished projects.

Back