fat boy upscale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackbrandt

That Darn College Student
Reaction score
Does anyone have a plan for the estes Fat Boy rocket, and how much (about) would a 7.51 inch diameter upscale weigh?

You can also download the trial version of ROCKSIM

But that only gets you 30 days, correct?

OR is freeware, so if one is in high school or a starving college student, it makes a better place to start (IMO). Which reminds me, I need to send Sampo a donation when I get paid next.

But that only gets you 30 days, correct?

OR is freeware, so if one is in high school or a starving college student, it makes a better place to start (IMO). Which reminds me, I need to send Sampo a donation when I get paid next.

don't know what to tell you...just offering some suggestions

Depends on what you build it from and how much nose weight you put in. Mine is PR fiberglass tubing and a Scotglas fiberglass NC with a fair amount of ballast in the nose, which in hindsight was overkill. It went 3300' on a K550. I'll throw it on the scales when I get home and let you know what it weight less engine and parachute.

Mine was heavily built using Flexible phenolic from Red Arrow Hobbies. Fiberglass throughout plus fins....Curtis nosecone....without the motor and noseweight, it weighed 11.5 pounds. ON the AMW M-1350 and the Gorilla Motors M1665, it got up to 8400 feet.

Terry

Back