NERRF 8 - June 22 - 24, 2012

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking to be there - hopefully to take that first step from from the ole estes motor - F here i come!

Will there be group rates at any hotels as in the past? There seems to be no info about this on the website.

Wildman's NERRF 8 Special:

Preorder your motors now. 30% off CTI reloads now thru Sunday June 3rd at midnight.

All discounts will be done in house. You will not see it on the website. You will not be charged hazmat and shipping

I believe that is the rule for any METRA launch and certification. I know people helping out with jobs will make it run smooth so we can all fly. I am trying to learn and work jobs so I spend less $$$

A strong suggestion to whom ever is planning on attending and flying over >4k:
A beeper or tracking device is a really good idea, especially if you land on the other side of the cluster of trees.
I lost a rocket today, either in the trees or in the 7ft tall weeds.

JD

A strong suggestion to whom ever is planning on attending and flying over >4k:
A beeper or tracking device is a really good idea, especially if you land on the other side of the cluster of trees.
I lost a rocket today, either in the trees or in the 7ft tall weeds.

JD

I can attest to that as well as I was in those weeds today too, I did find my rocket but those weeds make Cambodia look like Kansas.

I talked to Craig yesterday and; the farmer will be tilling under those Cambodian weeds.
He also mentioned he found my rocket....:w:

JD

talked to Craig yesterday and; the farmer will be tilling under those Cambodian weeds.
He also mentioned he found my rocket....:w:

Good News JD!

Bob
TRA6797

My tentative flight plans for NERRF 8, You?

5.5" Scratch VORLON - CTI L851WH - 6225'
Vorlon RG6 L1520BD.jpg

Polecate 7.5" BULLPUP - CTI L995RL - 4100'
RCVI 093p.jpg

Upscale 6" THOR - CTI M1290WH - 8300'
THOR 6 N3700WB 1.jpg

LOC Big Nuke - CTI K650PK Air Starting (3) H160SK - 5640'
Big Nuke 4 K750- 3 H97J's (2).jpg

Last edited:
Gonna put up my ultimate finally. Gonna get a few others up & down if I can.....we'll see.

Everyone, don't forget to sign up for RSO & LCO spots. We need to fill both so we can fly. I expect a good number of >5K flights so I don't think I can be doing both all day (oh, yea, did I mention I planned on flying, too????

Should be a great weekend & time to shake down those LDRS projects!

I will have my Wild Child on a Road Runner F60 for Friday and a G80 Skidmark for Sunday. My Vucanite on a G61 on Friday and a G118 on Sunday. I will also have my EZI-65 on a J315 to about 3900 ft if it survives its flight this weekend. I will be flying the Big Nuke 3E, "Family Affair" on a M1297 to about 9000 feet on Saturday. If there is time on Saturday, I am looking to put the Big Nuke up on maybe a K motor. I am also looking to put my Escape Velocity up on a I223 Skidmark to about 3400 feet.

NERRF 8 Trailer

By Mickey Spain

[video=youtube_share;xvHkp73pQDA]https://youtu.be/xvHkp73pQDA[/video]

Last edited:
NERRF is almost here!

Please let the METRA president(https://www.metrarocketclub.org/information/) know if you plan to go to the BBQ Saturday night so we can give our vendor an approximate head-count. Cost is $15, and the menu is excellent: Brisket, chicken, beans, slaw, corn on the cob, pasta salad, dessert.

I'm finishing up a new project for NERRF, no photos yet. Scratch built 7.5" scale Little John, ~8' tall, ~45 lbs pad weight. First motor is an EX 98mm/3grain purple (M1500ish) - expecting around 8500'. I may make another motor this weekend if I have time in between painting and getting the GPS mounted and tested. Expect the first flight to be Friday.

Last edited:
Just getting my three-stage, Triple Kosmic Karma ready to fly. J1299N to I357T to H168R; expecting about 4000 ft.

...Fred

Thats gonna be an awesome flight fred!
Putting up my Dark Star 4 on a K515 Skid for my L2 attempt (again)
Putting up my Eagle Claw 4 on a K490 Green3
My girlfriend will be doing her L1 attempt with a Dark Star Mini and a H133 Blue to almost 5,000'
I might put up my machbuster, 2-stager, crayon etc. depending on the weather. Also doing the Wildman drag race, should be fun!

I'll be launching my upscale Arreaux on a K1085 White Thunder to 8K. Also on a AMW K470ST to 5K.
My MCR 229 29mm cluster on a pair of H200 Blue Streak, 3500'
I'm sure I'll launch my Formula 54 on what ever I can throw at it! maybe I'll add a ebay and payload section for a 6Grain flight!
MCR 54 on a J360 Skid.

Gee Darrin,

Now that you are no longer hawking rocket schtuff, you actually get to fly!

I got a minor hanndful

Velociraptor on a J80BB (I might swap that out for K if conditions are right
Cricket on a small H - I will be showcasing the new 36" CATO-Chute
Terrier/MiniBBX combo - I161W to G131SS
4" BBX - J575
Blackhawk29 - whatever feels good at the time
Little Goblin on an F240
Nike Lowrider - J420R
And a couple of Modrocs.

Not this year Jimbo.

See ya at LDRS

Got my L2000 Skid ready to go ;)

One day away!

gonna try my hand at my first EX M motor.....M2022 NSSA red (or there abouts)

see you at the field....

don't forget to volunteer for RSO and LCO....after all with all these high flights, I'm gonna be too busy to do it.

If your in need of any Blastcaps I'll have plenty on hand at NERRF 8, Just look for the Blastcap Banner on the flight line.

Blastcap007.jpg

Ya'll have fun up there. Wish I could have made it, however, finances do not permit... still letting my credit cards cool down from the last roadtrip launch...

Later!

--Coop

Well we FINALLY got here! A day late and a dollar short :)

I will be teaching summer school with our special ed department starting Monday and was informed last week that there was a mandatory orientation this morning, so we had to delay our departure by a day...

But we are here! We have the NERRF T shirts as well as the complimentary range box stickers, a full store and...

...CAKE! And she's a beauty too, with the NERRF logo emblazoned on it. It will be served ar 1:00 tomorrow afternoon so stop on by our booth!

See you folks in the morning!

What time does the field open?

Jim

Well I be two days late. I have work todayto do with a server cluster upgrade. But will be down tomorrow to fly and pick up some goodies for LDRS.

Last edited:
I don't know the number of flights today, but the turnout was great! The awesome weather sure helped, with less heat and humidity, mostly light breezes and mostly clear skies. Sunday's forecast looks equally nice.

I got only 2 flights in today, but got to watch many awesome flights and talk to many rocketry friends. I had a rocket go into the 7 foot weeds, but thankfully my tracker led me to her and I brought her back. Without a tracker, no way in heck I would have found it.

I'll be back up for day 3 tomorrow. :)

P.S. Congrats Jim Flis and thanks for the great cake. :)

Jim Z

Had great time at the launch today. Managed to get off a few flights, my up scaled AT Mustang and an AT Strong Arm.
This was my first time there, Looking forward to flying there again.

Ray G.

OK, After thinking about it on the way home. Where can I get one of those NERF Rockets?

Back