K and S Rockets site pushing to eBay now....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ebay and paypal are pretty good about protecting sellers. If you don't get it quickly, then you will get your money back without much hassle.

ebay and paypal are pretty good about protecting sellers. If you don't get it quickly, then you will get your money back without much hassle.

Yep, they hold the cash until the deal is done. I've several times got my money back...minus my costs to send it back. There's been a few times that I've had to suck it up. It's just not worth sending some things back like I'm not paying another like $5 shipping charge to get back $9, netting me a return of $4. I ordered some special bolts from England. They were supposed to be M8 with a fine thread. I have yet to find a nut to fit and it just wasn't worth sending it back :p

I love their av-bays and would even be willing to pay what seems to be an eBay premium of $45 for their 2.6" (I don't think they were that much beforehand, maybe $35 for a 2.6"), but won't do so until I here some positive news.

Go ahead and pull the trigger TJ. I got one and service was very reasonable.

I have a lot of PMs and emails abotu contact with Scott or Austin. I emailed today and got a response. We should have good news soon.

Chuck

I have a lot of PMs and emails abotu contact with Scott or Austin. I emailed today and got a response. We should have good news soon.

Chuck

Chuck,

Sorry, but I'm having some deja vu. What makes this current response any different than the ones before it? What has convinced you that this one is not just another empty promise?

Update on my av-bay order. I received it today. And it is a nice kit.

Sure hope K&S make it through the tough times and stay around.

I think with the internet sales thing, it can be real easy to get in over your head. I remember a commercial on TV where there were a few people standing around a computer watching their new website get launched and they cheered when the first order was placed, then in a few seconds the orders started flooding in and the cheers went silent and the look of uh-oh now what showed on their faces.

Best of luck K&S, hope better times are in your future.

Thanks,
Rod

I received my av-bay that I bought on e-bay. got it 3 days after I bought it, nice craftsmanship and pretty easy to put together. Also got an update on the 4" vipers, they will start shipping on Monday or Tuesday so got my fingers crossed and getting excited. Must focus on Level 3 flight this coming August 10th, after that, LAUNCH ALL VIPERS!!!!

Update on my av-bay order. I received it today. And it is a nice kit.

Sure hope K&S make it through the tough times and stay around.

I think with the internet sales thing, it can be real easy to get in over your head. I remember a commercial on TV where there were a few people standing around a computer watching their new website get launched and they cheered when the first order was placed, then in a few seconds the orders started flooding in and the cheers went silent and the look of uh-oh now what showed on their faces.

Best of luck K&S, hope better times are in your future.

Thanks,
Rod

I believe that commercial was for UPS. I have looked for it on youtube many times and never found it tbere or anywhere else. Would love a link if anyone knows where to find it.

Edit: found it! https://www.tvspots.tv/video/13509/

Last edited:
Yep, they hold the cash until the deal is done. I've several times got my money back...minus my costs to send it back. There's been a few times that I've had to suck it up. It's just not worth sending some things back like I'm not paying another like $5 shipping charge to get back $9, netting me a return of $4. I ordered some special bolts from England. They were supposed to be M8 with a fine thread. I have yet to find a nut to fit and it just wasn't worth sending it back :p

Almost. They don't actually hold the money, they just insure your satisfaction. They pay you and then look to the seller to recover their cost. If the seller is gone, then eBay eats it.

I received my av-bay that I bought on e-bay. got it 3 days after I bought it, nice craftsmanship and pretty easy to put together. Also got an update on the 4" vipers, they will start shipping on Monday or Tuesday so got my fingers crossed and getting excited. Must focus on Level 3 flight this coming August 10th, after that, LAUNCH ALL VIPERS!!!!

Got my fingers crossed...

Maybe I'm being optimistic, and I will add that I have not ordered from K&S. It is possible that the sales on eBay are being done with existing stock to raise capital to purchase remaining/missing components for the back orders. Yes, the purchases should have done that in the beginning, but I think there are very few who could say that they have never screwed up the checkbook.

Hey, in Scott's defense-the last I heard was they were waiting for switches-the rotary av bay switch is a Schurter and they aren't that easy to come by, not to mention relatively expensive. My theory is if the av bays were posted on E-bay and shipped, maybe some of the back orders are getting caught up too. It's a ray of hope for me!

Bottom line - why sell something whether its a kit or parts such as AV Bays if you don't have the item(s) ready to ship and put the buyer on hold for months? Bad business practice all around, but hey you guys are stuck and good luck with it. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes.

Bottom line - why sell something whether its a kit or parts such as AV Bays if you don't have the item(s) ready to ship and put the buyer on hold for months? Bad business practice all around, but hey you guys are stuck and good luck with it. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes.

Look at post #38. I also bought one of the Av-bays from his Ebay sale and got it within days so I think your bashing his ebay sales is un called for. Your just still pissed about your chutes. Let it go dude.

Look at post #38. I also bought one of the Av-bays from his Ebay sale and got it within days so I think your bashing his ebay sales is un called for. Your just still pissed about your chutes. Let it go dude.

I'm not pissed about anything just making a point. A lot of people ordered stuff from him and are still waiting. That's no lie and it's just a fact. I hope he does follow through and makes good on the sales of his other items and kits.

By the way if you were so concerned about the Vipers shipping why would be crossing your fingers. When I place an order from some company online I never have to cross my fingers hoping I might get it. You must doubt him as much as everyone else in your shoes or else you wouldn't make such a statement.

Also want to make a point that I'm not bashing anyone. I'm glad you got your AV Bay, but there a lot of other people out more than just that on his kits and other parts. No reason to have to wait that long. If you advertise a kit such as a Viper as you mentioned (Post #38) why should there be any type of wait longer than what's reasonable? That's my point. If you have something to sell one would think that it is ready to be shipped when ordered.

Good luck and have a nice day!:)

Last edited:
There are quite a few folks waiting. Some nearly 6 months (me included). The most recent report is they will not be waiting much longer.

My business with K&S is complete, so I no longer have a horse in this race but.....

Am I the only one who has a major issue with the fact that new eBay orders are getting taken care of before long outstanding ones?

My business with K&S is complete, so I no longer have a horse in this race but.....

Am I the only one who has a major issue with the fact that new eBay orders are getting taken care of before long outstanding ones?

Things that make you go Hmmmmm.....

-Kevin

I would hate to think that this is a case of "They said bad things about us, so nuts to them" thing.
I doubt that this is the case, but.......Hmmmmm.

I don't have a horse in the race either, but I know *I* would have an issue with that...

Course, if they're selling something else to raise money to get expensive or hard to come by parts for the kits they need to complete and ship, well, I don't have a problem with them doing what they gotta do (no matter who it is, BTW). Seems to me though that regular updates and communication with the customers waiting would be the proper and ethical thing to do... along with offer a refund if they don't want to wait...

All IMHO, anyway...

Later! OL JR :)

I will tell you I am trying not to let it sour my life. Bad blood can ruin your relation ship with future vendors.

New paradigm: 6 months=1 week in rocket years (loosely based on light years allowing for gravitational lensing effects and the Earth's relatively small attraction field).
I vowed not to start another rocket until the build pile reaches waist level.
I got nothing but love for Scott- he's been thru a lot, and it's a credit to him he's even trying to keep his head above water. I could name others, that didn't have that fight in them.

(yeah, I know...I shoulda really done the math, but it sounded clever at the time...)

Last edited:
(yeah, I know...I shoulda really done the math, but it sounded clever at the time...)

You did fine..You just did not take the quantum fluctuations in the spacetime fabric into account, which makes getting truly really precise and accurate time estimates rather pointless...

Between K and S and Texas Rocketry, thee two businesses could use a lesson is good ole' business communication. Texas Rocketry Supply owes me over $350 and rarely answer emails - "they got lost in the filter".

Both have crappy communication and business practices.

Back