Levels for launch pad

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TNmike

Reaction score
I'm in the process of designing a launch pad and have been looking for some type of bubble level(s) to install on it in order to align the rod or rail to true vertical by adjusting levelers on each leg of the pad. I was in Walmart earlier this evening looking for something else and came across these trailer levels. I found them in the trailer/RV section and were just what I wanted. The price was $5.97 for two of the levels. By mounting them on the pad and they will allow me to adjust the pad right to left, and front to rear. The marks are at approximately 1 degree increments, and by adding an extra imaginary mark at each end of the level they are good for about +/- 5 degrees. I thought I would share this in case anyone would like them for their launch pad.

Trailer Levels.jpg

The marks are at approximately 1 degree increments, and by adding an extra imaginary mark at each end of the level they are good for about +/- 5 degrees. I thought I would share this in case anyone would like them for their launch pad.

Been using the bubble levels on the travel trailer for years now. I'm not sure the 1 degree per mark is right, did you measure it? I never did. I know if the trailer is off by one mark you can tell when you walk around in it that it isn't level. One degree seems too small of an increment to be so obvious.

Handeman, yeah actually I printed out a protractor from the web and checked it out. I originally thought it might be 2 degrees per mark, but was a little surprised that it was about 1 degree/mark.

Mikey, I had seen those bubble levels on Amazon and other places. I did want something that would go to 5 or 6 degrees. Some of the reviews stated some of these bubble levels weren't all that accurate when checked by rotating. What I do like about these I bought is that since they mount on a vertical surface they can be easily "calibrated" against vertical by tilting them as necessary when mounting. Also, since most people go to Walmarts they can get a set and not have to order anything. I have also seen 2-dimensional surface mount levels at Lowe's and Home Depot, but they were the limited range type, not several degrees.

Back