• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Your Trust - a.k.a. Seller BEWARE!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ah, capitalism, that which makes our economy tick....

-Kevin

[POW]Eagle159;321290 said:
Hey, You better not ship those engines in the mail! :p

As soon as the check clears, I will deliver them in person!:wink:

As soon as the check clears, I will deliver them in person!:wink:

Maybe you could just toss them up into the air and let the weather do the delivery! Some nasty stuff down Texas way today, hope all is well in your 'hood.

YIKES.....$179.99 for a V-2 :confused:

Isn`t that almost $ 110.00 too much ?

PS- Thanks Stymye ,that was a great deal :cheers:

Paul T

Looks like the old story about wolves and sheep.

How does that old blues refrain go? "Only my mother loves me and she might be jivin', too."

Maybe you could just toss them up into the air and let the weather do the delivery! Some nasty stuff down Texas way today, hope all is well in your 'hood.

The bad stuff seems to be north of us. I was surprised when I watched a news network during lunch and the Texas storms were the centerpiece.

I looked out the window.

Storms? What storms? :confused2:

Fortunately for me, but not those in the Dallas area, the tornado alley tends to stick with the plains.

Thanks for your concern.

If you've recently sold or have been approached to sell any of your kits by a newish TRF member here in the last few months,
you'll be happy to know that they have SOLD or are now for SALE on ebay at incredible mark up$!

I for one am deeply insulted that he's only asking $59.99 for an "Estes Black Brant II OOP #1958 Perfect Condition Sealed." Man, that piece of Canadian rocket history should be able to fetch at least four times that much!!:mad:

Oh wait, no, I actually want one of those! And free shipping eh? Hmmm, let's see...

I'd sell some of my stuff to a fellow rocketeer, trusting he really appreciated what I may not live to build, but nobody is getting a first run for 50 cents just because that's what the sticker says. Sorry. And maybe before I do that-yeah E-bay. My wife/future widow deserves all she can recover from my hobby after I'm gone and we had a discussion about that not to long ago. Her comment was "I woudn't know what to ask for this cardboard tube thingy and those meter thingies (altimeters) and all those parachutes." Got me to thinking. I'm at the age where friends die, hey, we're all mortal and nobody get out alive anyway, right? I've seen the rapacious vultures descend on a man's lifetime collection-whether it's stamps,model trains, stuffed penguins or whatever and screw the survivors out of whatever they can. How many posts have you seen on E-bay for "found it at an estate sale and know nothing about it?" While I am happy to see the moral outrage by my fellow TRF's, I almost took the bait, too. The other side of the coin is just the same as "Do you have any old gold just laying around? Now's the time to recycle Grandma's old tiara and get cash now!' scheme. I got thrown out of a shop when i offered to buy a ladies old Tea service set she was selling for melt-you can't replace that workmanship today at almost any price. Yes,we can 'clone' just about anything these days, but some of us want the glory days when we opened up the latest catalogs and drooled over anything named "Astron". Those were happy days and bring back fond memories of building and flying with your friends. It's not just the bag of cardboard and balsa,which ultimately it will return to when you take your memories with you. The emotional attachment cannot be measured in dollars except at a fair market value and that's hard sometimes to smell the coffee. Like I said, I'd like some of my stuff to go to somebody who really knows what it is and who would love it as much as I did. And not screw my widow for just a pile of money. I'll be quiet now. Sorry for raving on about this.

I sold him/them a couple of kits that I had always intended to sell anyway. I mentioned them here and had no takers, he offered a little more, and saved me some of the hassle of selling on ebay. It saved me additional effort because I could ship 2 in one box instead of having to find two really big boxes for shipping. He's not going to make a lot of money on the ones that I sold him because I got a reasonable price for them, but ultimately they will go to someone that wants to build them or collect them and I decided I didn't want to do either.

Well...there are several Rocketeers here that are selling used cars in this crapped out economy one is legendary and I won't mention him.

(just a reminder...things aren't getting any better for a LOT of folks)
My Custom Historic Home restoration business has turned into "Polish the Turd"...Or do fake caulking to look like it's repaired...whatever the homeowner or property manager will pay for...This sucks! I understand Cracker Florida construction from 1890 to present and know what wood or materials have to be sistered in here to be historically correct.
My older brother and I have tried for years to make money on E-Bay...trying to sell antiques and other art or oriental rugs from my uncles estate.
No one in the south cares about their European roots if they have them and no one want's this euro stuff.
There are the pigs that will put a $20 object on there for $500 if it's the only one out there.
I tried for about 7 years to get a rare Derbi Scooter fairing part...and it was "Unobtanium"
the 2 or 3 (yes in seven years) that appeared on E-Bay were for $150-$300....for a plastic molded part! stock dealer price before it went oop (out of production..not package) was like $60.00.
Last Pig wanted $125 but like $60 in shipping for a 2 pound piece of plastic in a cardboard box.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. I was going to sell my my phoenix to him.

From my perspective, you can't fault him. You did have your opportunity to sell it first on eBay right? You did agree to the price you sold to him at right? He does have a right to buy low and sell high right?

Personally, it sounds like too much work to me to search for, collect, list, and sell rocket stuff on eBay. I'm sure he could make more with the time he spends being a pizza delivery person. It sounds like a struggling used car salesman who is turning to anywhere to make a buck, and now will taint his very relationship with what is probably a hobby of his. I wish him the best. I hope it all works out for him. Maybe some day he'll open a rocket shop, retire from used car sales, and sit around drinking Margaritas in Florida wheeling and dealing used rockets. I'd do that!

Give the guy a break. If you're accepting fair price when you sell it, his further business doesn't involve you. If people are ignorant enough to pay his price, let them. Those who know a good price from a bad price will take care of themselves.

I haven't been to the eBay website in probably ten years. I can't stand that site...

But honestly, I don't really care. I'm just bored and browsing the forums for somewhere to insert my two cents. Time to go do something more productive...

:cool: I have to agree with Josh. An old friend of mine once told me, a good deal is...
A. The buyer is happy.
B. The seller is happy.
Me, I will not sell to the guy. What he does leaves a bad taste in my mouth. See rule 2... If you are good with the sale, great. People use this Forum to buy and sell all the time. But most people have more to contribute than just using this Forum to stock their business. There is no rule against it.

From my perspective, you can't fault him. You did have your opportunity to sell it first on eBay right? You did agree to the price you sold to him at right? He does have a right to buy low and sell high right?

Personally, it sounds like too much work to me to search for, collect, list, and sell rocket stuff on eBay. I'm sure he could make more with the time he spends being a pizza delivery person. It sounds like a struggling used car salesman who is turning to anywhere to make a buck, and now will taint his very relationship with what is probably a hobby of his. I wish him the best. I hope it all works out for him. Maybe some day he'll open a rocket shop, retire from used car sales, and sit around drinking Margaritas in Florida wheeling and dealing used rockets. I'd do that!

Give the guy a break. If you're accepting fair price when you sell it, his further business doesn't involve you. If people are ignorant enough to pay his price, let them. Those who know a good price from a bad price will take care of themselves.

I haven't been to the eBay website in probably ten years. I can't stand that site...

But honestly, I don't really care. I'm just bored and browsing the forums for somewhere to insert my two cents. Time to go do something more productive...

I guess that you missed the whole point. From my perspective you can fault him. He misrepresented himself.

Shamous, no I didn't more than half the rockets I buy go straight to my collection get the facts straight bud

Shamous, no I didn't more than half the rockets I buy go straight to my collection get the facts straight bud

They are. You came off as a collector when in reality, you are a collector and a seller, therefore a dealer. And let's get something else straight, I am not, nor ever will be, your bud.

beatingadeadhorse.gif

It's long since dead.

-Kevin

Back