My Cats And Rockets.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah everybody thinks it's painted like a cow, especially since it is a Madcow Cowabunga. But you wouldnt find much meat on him, mostly blubber.

My Poor Cats are not happy about the outside Temperatures. I have to keep them in due to the Cold.
I gotta' give them credit for getting along with each other, but having to utilize a Litter Box or two or three,....
That's the simple kind of sacrifice you make when you love your Animals I suppose.

Here's my two, raised together but not littermates. They love to check out rockets, even crawling into the larger ones :)
Both 21a.jpg

I've got a picture of my grey cat Mr.Blue, that looks almost exactly like that. He was one of the neatest\best cats I've ever had. I miss him a lot.

That Pic' was taken using the "Fish Eye Lens" Effect that my new Camera has. That Cats name is "Meow-A-Cat", because when ever you pick him up or pet him, he responds with a Meow. He's the most Kitten like Cat out of the bunch.

ETA: I'm sorry that you have to miss him. My Animals are my best Friends, and if I lose one of them it is indeed very, very sad Days.
They are always innocent, and all we can do is make their Time on this Earth as peaceful and enjoyable as we can.

Last edited:
Here is Mini-Hen. His Mother was named Henrietta, after the Cat on Mister Rogers Neighborhood, and he has Identical Markings. He is my oldest Cat. at 4 and a half Years. He is also very important to me, as he once got a Laceration on his Front Right Leg, and I had to bring him to the Vet to get fixed up.
It seems you don't really realize how much you love your Pets til' you see them hurt and have to care for them. I got his Leg fixed up, and I feel that he appreciates me as much as I appreciate him. His Mother ran away, but only as far as my Neighbor up the Road, and now she's the "Barn Cat".
All of my Cats are now Spayed and Nuetered, so they don't wander, but it's neat that Mini-Hen has his Moms Markings.

This would be Toby; otherwise known as Tober, Toblerone, Tubbers. Ain't he special?

He hates rockets. Unless it has to do with getting in my way while building rockets. Especially when using glue. Go figure.

toby.jpg

My cats (3 of them) don't mess with the rockets. My cigars, on the other hand, get no relief.

I've been awake for awhile, and somewhere around 2-3AM this Morning, I cleaned underneath my Refridgerator and Stove in my Kitchen.
I found 8 Dead Mice/Moles/Shrews.
Me thinks I need to clean those spots more often, and replace the Filter Cartridges in my Respirator.

I've been awake for awhile, and somewhere around 2-3AM this Morning, I cleaned underneath my Refridgerator and Stove in my Kitchen.
I found 8 Dead Mice/Moles/Shrews.
Me thinks I need to clean those spots more often, and replace the Filter Cartridges in my Respirator.

Do the cats hide them there?

Do the cats hide them there?

No, and actually, the ones I found under there exhibited no signs of Physical Trauma. While they were Dessicated, they had no Puncture Wounds, indicating that they had escaped being the Cats "Play Things", only to succumb to Shock and Starvation in their final Resting Places.

When I find an "Intact Animal" in my House, like a Bird or a Chipmunk, I do try to rescue it if at all possible. I don't like watching anything Suffer.
I have a Set of Rubberized Gloves near the Front and Back Doors, for catching things that get a Chance to live. I've rescued many a Creature.
I really just want them out of my House, so they don't Rot and Smell.
My Mom was a Member of the Audobon Society, so I know how to keep a wounded Bird, hold it and keep it from going into Shock. Also, if they are already in Shock, I keep them warm til' they can come out of it.
Two Years ago I had an "Eastern Flying Squirrel" in the house. That put me into Shock. Took three Hours, but once I finally got bit a few times and caught it in a shirt, it was able to bounce into the Woods happy and Healthy.
That was when I learned to use the Rubberized Gloves. The Flying Squirrel would sit, all cute looking, and even let me Pet it, which I thaught would "Sooth" it. When I would attempt to pick/scoop it up, it would twist its Head 180 Degrees and Chomp on my Fingers. I finally got it into the Bathroom, where it could get no Traction, due to the Linoleum Floor and Glossy Surfaces. It was like watching a Scooby Doo Cartoon.

Anyhow, I'm always happy when I can give the little Critters a helping Hand/ Second Chance, but if they are Mortaly Wounded I Stomp on them swiftly to destroy them.

Gorgeous looking feline.

I can't deny this! Lol, he's not yet 3 years old and is quite the furball. He's usually 'my wife's cat'..but lately he's decided I'm his favorite. Not really my cup of tea, there.

g-train

It's not so much the affection, but all that dang hair!

g-train

This is Rocky, the Maine Coon I had. The main problem with the hair was as he got old, he wouldn't groom himself well and matted up. He died of complications of diabetes at the age of 14.Rocky6.jpgRocky3.jpg

This is Rocky, the Maine Coon I had. The main problem with the hair was as he got old, he wouldn't groom himself well and matted up. He died of complications of diabetes at the age of 14.View attachment 159143View attachment 159142

Sorry for your Loss.
He looks like a Maine Coon I had when I was a Kid. His name was Claudius Minimus. My Moms Godmother lived in Connecticut and raised Maine Coons. Paul Newman and Mr. T had some of her Cats.
Maine Coons are Awesome!

This would be Toby; otherwise known as Tober, Toblerone, Tubbers. Ain't he special?

He hates rockets. Unless it has to do with getting in my way while building rockets. Especially when using glue. Go figure.

View attachment 158810

I don't think he Hates the Rockets, he just likely loves getting more attention than the Rockets. He's a handsome Cat, and likely very proud of himself from the looks of him in the Picture.:)

Butters and Bailey. Only rocket involvement is knocking stuff off of my bench.

image-2972790027.jpg

We lost our cat, Slate, on New Years Day 2012. She was great company.

Slate.jpg

She was less than a year old in this photo. We had her for (only) eight years.

She was gorgeous. I've had so many cats. So of course I've dealt with losses. But I simply wait until it does not hurt anymore (or as bad) and then head for a shelter and find another (often a Polydactyl) that needs a forever home. Somehow one, one day, generally just 'knows'. And we go home.

She was gorgeous. I've had so many cats. So of course I've dealt with losses. But I simply wait until it does not hurt anymore (or as bad) and then head for a shelter and find another (often a Polydactyl) that needs a forever home. Somehow one, one day, generally just 'knows'. And we go home.

Ooh! We're always on the lookout for Polydactyl cats..around here most "junk" cats get shot..and a 'defect' such as polydactyly isn't much wanted. Whatever..doesn't hurt the kitty if it has an extra toe!

Back