What did YOU buy over the Black Wed/Fri/Sat sales ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up my annual rocketpoxy supply, some large igniters, and the last components of my L3 recovery system. Namely, a Sky Angle Cert 3 Drogue, Sky Angle Cert 3 XL, and a 24"x24" piece of nomex. I may place an order with Eggtimer, but Wildman's sale this morning had almost all of what I needed.

Just got done with Wildman's sale. Motors, 54mm hardware, 54-75 adapter, and some good epoxy. I think I need a cigarette. But I'm excited to have the gear needed to get some builds done and start flying next summer.

H219T-14 DMS For L-1 Cert attempt (Again)
FireWires
Wildman SCALE SandHawk. (Not the OTHER Loc Parkflyer Sandhawk 1.63 crap, so who knows what it is. Hoping for a 38mm MMT)
OneBadHawk 3/16 Harness, because noob.
Yup... Noob is Good on Rockets for Awhile...

All I bought was a CTI 75mm 6XL motor and boat tail closure. Hopefully CTI starts shipping the M2245 reloads again next season.

I was tempted by the Ultimate Interceptor but I don't need any more kits to build.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Punisher 3
This was again a SCREAMING DEAL this year (but I already have a 3" and 4"). If you don't already own one of these, you should BUY ONE NOW! (only 80 minutes left...)

From the Ether...

Last edited:
So far, I've gone hog wild the past 2 years, and there's nothing that I want that's on sale this year that isn't already on my shelf. Including reloads. Spent about $3K those 2 years. Build pile is overflowing.

The wife is happy this year.

Someone discounts a Warlock or Doorknob........I'm in trouble.

Last edited:
Just an AT I245 G and a J500G from Wildman sale.

A rrc2+ and a RRC3 from missileworks.

I am sitting on a substantial build pile.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

O-negative is in higher demand as a life saver in a tight spot. :wink: Kurt

I got what I got. Everyone else in the house is A-positive which has almost no resale value. They aren't sound enough sleepers either...hum, where's my chloroform?

What did YOU buy over the Black Wed/Fri/Sat sales ?
im rationalizing a bit- bought 7 LPR kits and a pile motors and theyre ALL christmas presents for my 4 year old great nephew. :)

I cleared Wildman out of 75mm2G reloads, which sounds more impressive than saying I got two of them.

But then I had to go and buy a half dozen 54/1706 reloads and a Dominator 4. I probably want something from MAC and Cris, too.

Although I needed another rocket like I need a hole in the head I could not resist the Nike Apache from Madcow. 99.00 dollars was a no brainer. I have one of the original Performance Rocketry ones that may see some more air time now that it is replaceable. Other than that a purchased another RRC-3 from Missile Works and a 60" Sky Angle from Madcow at 25% off. No motors this year I am waiting on a 400.00 prepaid Aerotech order from another vender.

Punisher 3 , Blackhawk 38, Eggfinder Mini, Quantum, Quark , Way too much.

Although I needed another rocket like I need a hole in the head I could not resist the Nike Apache from Madcow. 99.00 dollars was a no brainer. I have one of the original Performance Rocketry ones that may see some more air time now that it is replaceable. Other than that a purchased another RRC-3 from Missile Works and a 60" Sky Angle from Madcow at 25% off. No motors this year I am waiting on a 400.00 prepaid Aerotech order from another vender.

Believe me, I have a LOT of holes in my head ... my build pile has gotten even larger. Sigh...

Friday: One item for my Secret Santa recipient. Can't say from which vendor as we are not allowed to drop clues atm. But... I will say that I almost bought one for myself but felt that might be a little tacky...

Saturday: From Wildman's Black Saturday sale I purchased a Darkstar Jr. kit (My 1st ever glass kit), an Aero Pack RA29P for the rebuild of my Krazy Kraken and an Aero Pack A2938 adapter for my future scratch build L1/L2 project.

I added 2 of the Mach-2 kits.What a steal only 64.00 for a 54min. rocket.
Probably do a 2-stage out of them as I added guts of 38mm mount for 1.

38 motors
54 motors
I'm set for this season.

So far, I've gone hog wild the past 2 years, and there's nothing that I want that's on sale this year that isn't already on my shelf. Including reloads. Spent about $3K those 2 years. Build pile is overflowing.

The wife is happy this year.

Someone discounts a Warlock or Doorknob........I'm in trouble.

You can hide it at my house:wink:....the credit card statement I can't help you with. LOL:lol:

Lets see. AT DM loads were on sale, so... only these:
1 L900DM, 1 L1040 DM, 1 K456DM, 1 H178DM. Because I forgot about the I327DM... :facepalm:
My plan is to launch the L900 and L1040 in the same rocket to compare and see which one I like more betterish. :wink:

I bought a Darkstar Mini and Jr, no motors for them yet. I might get an Eggtimer and Eggfinder kit for the Jr.

Back