• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

HELP!!! I want to buy BUILT MPR Rockets!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpedro

Reaction score
I am very interested... Looking for larger sized, professionally built, and ready to fly... I do like the estes pro series stuff, but also looking at any and all... Preferably unflown stuff... Bigger the better... PayPal ready!!!

I am very interested... Looking for larger sized, professionally built, and ready to fly... I do like the estes pro series stuff, but also looking at any and all... Preferably unflown stuff... Bigger the better... PayPal ready!!!
Hi RP-welcome to TRF! Glad to have a rocket lover come aboard any time! I've flown MPR for longer than some of these guys have been alive, so-professional? Not in my opinion, BUT...
You want to buy previously built birds and I can understand that- I've actually gotten a couple from people I REALLY trust (CJ!) and that can be a hard thing to determine. I've known a few folks that have absolute garbarge they fly and wonder why it falls apart. I have newbie stories I won't tell because somebody might recognize themselves and it's just not kosher picking on somebody just learning. Havng said all that, being a 'checkbook rocketeer' misses having that learning curve and learning that goes with constructing your own vehicles. This is a GREAT place to see construction techniques and learning new tips, tricks and even repairs. I will admit I've built quite a few rockets for friends who don't have the tools, time or patience-I have three right now on the bench. A C/F bird, an Estes Commanche 3 stager and a custom design scratch for a friend's 14 year old. I try to show these folks what I do (or did) in the build so hopefully they can go on to make their own someday. You haven't said what you intend to accomplish by buying prebuilt rockets and where or how you are going to fly them. Triploi or NAR are great organizations that help maintain our safety record and keep us out out of the headlines and lawyers offices. How much experience do you have launching smaller birds and have you gone to any local launches there in Texas? Bunch 'o' wonderful guys over there I'm sure will be willing to help you get started on your own space program and failing that you can always PM me if you want something, but I need to be sure you know a little of what you're doing first. I'm really not trying to dump cold water on this post, as I really do enjoy building almost as much as flying, and hope to pass that on. Keep coming back and again-welcome to the the best forum in cyberspace for rocketry! Clear skies, straight smoke and good chutes, buddy! -dave-

I'll build anything you want from scratch built to kit. But I don't work cheap.

Here is a link to the home page of the Tripoli Houston Club. You can click on the video showing the last rocket I build for someone.

https://www.tripolihouston.com/

John Boren

I really appreciate the welcome, as well as all the fantastic info you have given me... I have flown a few low power rockets back in the day, and loved it... I have always wanted to get into the MPR and maybe HPR scene... I will eventually get some kits to build on my own, but at least wanted to purchase a few nicely built ones so I can just head out and fly right away...:) I am closest to:

https://www.nasahoustonrocketclub.org/

I will be planning to fly there, and so far they have been VERY helpful and so outgoing... I definately want to be a part of their group... my plan is to also get my 11 year old son into this fantastic hobby as well...:) I hope this enough info, if not, let me know...
thanks again for the welcome...

I'll build anything you want from scratch built to kit. But I don't work cheap.

Here is a link to the home page of the Tripoli Houston Club. You can click on the video showing the last rocket I build for someone.

https://www.tripolihouston.com/

John,

John Boren

thanks... I would definately look into getting a Ventris and also a Leviathan pro built and RTF...:) thanks!!!

I have a Formula 54 all fiberglass rocket. It is 2" diameter, 33" long. This is a Rocketry Warehouse G10 all fiberglass kit. Flys on F thru H 29mm motors. I built it and flew it twice. First flight was on a Aerotech F-52 reload to approx 650 ft. and second flight on a H180 to 3000+ft. It can be launched from a 1/4" rod and comes complete with an Aeropack 29mm motor retainer and 14" nylon chute and kevlar shock cord. Ready to fly and being all fiberglass it can stand a lifetime of flights. I will take $60 (Pay-Pal) shipped. Formula 54 002.jpgFormula 54 003.jpgFormula 54 004.jpg

"PROFESSIONALLY built"

Hi I'm CJ. I have probably built more rockets for other folks than most have for themselves. Here's one that you may like.

Drago #1 yep.... the very first one, documented build in the instructions here:https://www.wildmanrocketry.com/ProductDetail.aspx?product=2899

This is the one used for the instructions so you can see every step along the way. The build is flawless. Fins are beveled. Fillets are perfect,as is paint.

Light weight fiberglass, 29mm motor mount, flies on E's - I's [ I never flew it on less than an F]
Has BOTH brass 1/4 launch lug & railbuttons. [See pic]
Is in about 95% condition. It was used for Demos all over the place and there are the typical signs of wear. A small scratch here and there. Vinyl is in 95% condition.
24inchute I would replace with new if you desired, although there is nothing wrong with original.

I'm not giving it away though. My time & expertise are worth something.
Kit is 80.00 This one is 115.00 I will sign it #1 on the NC shoulder and send a certificate of authenticity if you wish. Shipping is what ever it is.

More coming....

DSCN1890.jpg

DSCN1891.jpg

DSCN1892.jpg

DSCN1895.jpg

Bigger the better... PayPal ready!!!

On the other end of the spectrum I have this: 325 lbs....27ft tall...12in diameter "MEGA DarkStar". Flies on O's and 54mm motors. [clusters]
You did say "Bigger the better" after all.

Parts cost was 3,000.00 will sell for that. Complete photo build documentation supplied upon request. [serious inquires only]

100_6160.jpg

100_6181.jpg

_LLS0633.jpg

On the other end of the spectrum I have this: 325 lbs....27ft tall...12in diameter "MEGA DarkStar". Flies on O's and 54mm motors. [clusters]
You did say "Bigger the better" after all.

Parts cost was 3,000.00 will sell for that. Complete photo build documentation supplied upon request. [serious inquires only]

holy moly... I don't even have a vehicle big enough for that...:) but I would LOVE to own it... man, what does a motor run in that size??? as for the Drago, that's pretty slick, had some pretty nice offers so far... let me think about that one... thanks!!!

I have a Formula 54 all fiberglass rocket. It is 2" diameter, 33" long. This is a Rocketry Warehouse G10 all fiberglass kit. Flys on F thru H 29mm motors. I built it and flew it twice. First flight was on a Aerotech F-52 reload to approx 650 ft. and second flight on a H180 to 3000+ft. It can be launched from a 1/4" rod and comes complete with an Aeropack 29mm motor retainer and 14" nylon chute and kevlar shock cord. Ready to fly and being all fiberglass it can stand a lifetime of flights. I will take $60 (Pay-Pal) shipped. View attachment 118892View attachment 118893View attachment 118894

bigger...:) doubt I will find one, so I will consider this bad boy as well... thanks!!!

And every other size in between, built for myself, friends & corporate clients.

All for sale or will build to your specs.

Ask & you shall receive. Pm me if interested.

100_8130.jpg

100_8377.jpg

DSCN0619.jpg

DSCN0622.jpg

And every other size in between, built for myself, friends & corporate clients.

All for sale or will build to your specs.

Ask & you shall receive. Pm me if interested.

Jim,

wow... looking good... can I get some specs/rtf prices etc... on them if possible??? pm me if you have some time...
thanks

Wow - Bill's Formula54 is an absolute steal at that price. You really should take him up on the offer. Quite honestly, you should consider paying him a bit extra to cover his shipping at the very least.

And anything that CJ (blackjack2564) offers would also be very worth your money. You will be getting some of the best built rockets you will find anywhere, and anything he has built/flown is sure to come with an extra bit of "mojo". He deals fair and square. Then, when you do start building your own, you'll know how to do it right.

Consider yourself very lucky for these offers, and If I were you, I'd move quickly on them.

Have a blast flying, s6

I agree... I am working on it right now... Thanks for the help/advice...

I'll sweeten the deal for the Formula 54 and throw in a Monster Motors 29 40/120 case with closures. Case is same as Aerotech, Rouse Tech and practicly new, very well taken care of. Now you have a complete rocket and motor hardware both for $100 shipped.Formula 54 005.jpg

Last edited:
Back