Where do you download .ork files for Open Rocket?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Openrocket will open rocksim files. No need to start from scratch. I usually open the file and save it back to .ork when I'm done.

I typically go to rocketreviews, and download the designs I'm looking for there (if they're not downloaded from SEMROC directly). I convert them from .rkt to .ork, and then work my magic and modifications from there.

If you do have to start from scratch, I've got a number of Estes nosecones (among others) already for you to download and start working your magic with in my "Fake It Till you Make It" thread

OK, so where do you get your rocksim files Matthew? :)

Thanks for the ressources K'Tesh!

Most manufacturers have rocksim files on their sites, now.

I just searched the Estes and Quest websites and could not find rocksim files. Were you thinking of MPR and HPR rocketry? Otherwise, I'd be happy to know how to find these files.

I found most of the ones I wanted at the link K'Tesh posted (https://www.rocketreviews.com/), but I am still missing the ones for the Estes Riptide, the Quest Novia and the Quest Astra.

Last edited:
Some of them aren't out there. Sometimes you have to do the work yourself. After a file has been developed, it is generally posted. I do not have a rocketreviews account, so I have posted mine here. Eventually we will have all of them, but until then, well, it's work in progress.

In the googles, type <what you are looking for> filetype:eek:rk to find all sorts of openrocket files. Use filetype:rkt to find rocksim files

For example estes filetype:eek:rk or estes filetype:rkt will both get you a bunch of results.

Looks like .ork is also a domain, so you may get a bunch of unwanted hits.

kj

Last edited:
Serve the community. Get a ruler and a metric scale and make them yourself! Upload them to Rocketreviews. It's fun to design from scratch, if you know the information. Of course, it's also time-consuming.

Serve the community. Get a ruler and a metric scale and make them yourself! Upload them to Rocketreviews. It's fun to design from scratch, if you know the information. Of course, it's also time-consuming.

TRex and you are making a valid point. You are also making it sound like I am an impatient kid with no desire to make any effort or contribute anything. May be me reading too much into it though.

My question was not 'how can I avoid any work and have everything fed to me', but rather 'where can one find .ork files'. Very different, at least to me.

I have already started creating my files and will modify others I have found. When they are finished, it is my goal, and will be my pleasure, to upload them to an appropriate website for others to use.

Once again, I may be reading too much into your posts, but if you try to make them sound less patronizing, I guess it will make for a better forum experience, at least for me :)

TRex and you are making a valid point. You are also making it sound like I am an impatient kid with no desire to make any effort or contribute anything. May be me reading too much into it though.

My question was not 'how can I avoid any work and have everything fed to me', but rather 'where can one find .ork files'. Very different, at least to me.

I have already started creating my files and will modify others I have found. When they are finished, it is my goal, and will be my pleasure, to upload them to an appropriate website for others to use.

Once again, I may be reading too much into your posts, but if you try to make them sound less patronizing, I guess it will make for a better forum experience, at least for me :)

Sorry, didn't mean it that way. But I could see, in hindsight, how it came off that way. :eek:

I started uploading the Open Rocket files to www.rocketreviews.com

So far:

- Estes Viking
- Estes Patriot
- Quest Novia
- Quest Astra 1

More to come :)

The Open Rocket library on rocket reviews is pretty thin. If you have designs of your own sitting on your computer, I suggest you upload them!

Back