Anyone have any idea what CTI has planned for 2013??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The L 1860 was a Fast propellant with next to no smoke at all.
The corresponding Slow L 850 would be closer to what you describe.

JD

+1. 54mm 6gxl in either C* or White Thunder.

In fact, I would love to see White Thunder reloads in all 6GXL sizes. :headbang:

54mm 6GXL White Thunder should be pretty close to the old Kosdon L1860. Remember those???

75mm 6GXL White Thunder would be in the M-5000 range

98mm 6GXL WT in the N-8000 range maybe? (all pure speculation on my part)

Start up the chant "Long Burns..... Long Burns..... Long Burns"

Thanks J for showing us that you are listening.

I'd like to see the C* propellant in a larger variety of case sizes. I know 38s and smaller are difficult, but I would absolutely LOVE to see them all 54 sizes+.
Like S6 and a bunch of others said, Long burn would be fun too.

Alex

More colored long-burns; I really like the red moonburners.

Would green work? It's CTI's slowest propellant, making for maximum burntime.

The L 1860 was a Fast propellant with next to no smoke at all.
The corresponding Slow L 850 would be closer to what you describe.

JD

From the smoke standpoint, yes. From the thurst curve standpoint the 54mm White Thunder 5 grain is already a K-1200, and the 6 grain is a K-1440. A 6 GXL would be closer to an L-1700, or so. Pretty close to the L-1860.

You mean like the KBA-Animal Compatible L2300? or the Loki L1400?

Yes! Just like those!

Jeroen,
When is that 75mm three grain C-star coming out that Gary demoed? I was really excited for that.

Also, I think it's time the AMW/Prox line got some Purple Parrot.

Braden

The N5800 contest was a great idea. A few more contests like that with other motors classes would be fun.

Long burns in all diameters. Really long burns for some like a G25, I60, J80, etc.

Add sparks to the coloured propellants.

IMAX for all.

VMAX for all.

A loyalty program for buying motors. Buy ten motors get one free!

Drop the prices.

I can go on and on...

Thanks

How about another flavor of motor :) That should keep you all busy :p

While I am no expert, my guess would be yes. Chamber pressures in anything longer would probally be too much.

Actually, chamber pressures are a function of burn rate, burn surface, nozzle throat, etc... There are probably some short reloads that run at a higher chamber pressure than some of the longer ones.

For example, I seem to remember Dr J. saying the chamber pressure in the N-10,000 was on the conservative side....

I addition, other manufacturers have already produced longer motors in the past. Kosdon and Loki are the two that come to mind right now, but there are probably some others. At the time the very long casings were not too popular because of their cost Vs the limited number of reloads available for them.

But now we have spacers, so I think it is an avenue that should be explored.

We tested some 12G's in one particular caliber. It may become a product one day.

Jeroen

A 38mm 12Grain Long Burn Sparkie with a blue flame to start that fades to white ?? Guaranteed to set even the dampest material ablaze?? Would we need to glue two 6Grain cases together?

I am liking the idea!

I fly primarily EX.

Put it this way: I plan to buy an I125, and I would DEFINITELY buy a 4G long burn.

I own a 38-5G and a spacer. First load I bought was an I800. Fast burns and slow burns for me, no tweeners!

I vote for more long burns and C-Star propellants, essentially something in the low K range to compete with the Aerotech K250W. Yes there is the K300, but a red moon burner or something similar would really up the ante for e...x...t...r...e...m...e...l...y long burn motors. Also, more 38mm C-Star motors.

Mr. Jeroen, is there a relationship between the case length and the ability to fly C-Star propellant? I have noticed that most of the C-Star motors are in shorter case length, however the N5800 is in the longest case for its category...So can the longer cases take the pressure or am I showing my ignorance?

Longer case=higher thrust due to higher burn area. C* is already very high thrust, so long C* motors create very high thrust, like how the N5800 puts out around 1300 lb thrust for 3.5 seconds. That's a lot of thrust and seconds :p The nozzle for it is over an inch across as well, just HUGE.

I'd be happy to see Skidmark loads available for all 75mm and 98mm case sizes. Some notable cases don't currently have one (75-4G and 98-3G for instance).

Oh HELL yea!!!

Also, I would love to see a hubcap for the 54 and 98 loads, and MORE AMW/ProX loads!!

Last edited:
I'd love to see more longburn motors - particularly in the 29/38mm sizes. I think my favorite motor from all last year was the G54 Red longburn. As soon as I flew it once I said, "I've GOT to get more of those!". So I did, then I flew them, and I still wanted more. More longburns please!s6
I have one of these to fly at some point, you're getting me more excited to fly it.

If this is a request thread of sorts, how about adding a Pink, Green3, and C* to the Pro29 3G case? for completeness' sake?

+1 for me

Their term "Longburn" seems mostly just relative to their other motors. More like NormalBurn. No wonder people want them, with motors like AT's G25 and SU H's falling into unavailability.

Their term "Longburn" seems mostly just relative to their other motors. More like NormalBurn. No wonder people want them, with motors like AT's G25 and SU H's falling into unavailability.

These kind of motors are typically only possible with a single-use case, making them rather expensive. They would also be classified as 1.3C making them extremely expensive to ship.

When is that 75mm three grain C-star coming out that Gary demoed? I was really excited for that.

It is available. See our web site. L1350.

Also, I would love to see a hubcap for the 54 and 98 loads, and MORE AMW/ProX loads!!

AMW54/98 casings do not have the same ID as Pro54/98 hardware. Therefore the regular ProX reloads don't fit the hardware.

Drop the prices.

Reload prices right now are at 1999 levels (actually less, since there seem to be more discounting).

Jeroen

Last edited:
Several of the requests were already on the list. Keep going.... ;-) And let me know what you think of the I125.

Jeroen

Crazy Jim flew the I125 @ Red Glare 13 very! nice motor. I'd like to see the C* across the board and more Pink loads.

Several of the requests were already on the list. Keep going.... ;-)

Jeroen

Perfect opportunity to renew my plea for a 98-6G in the 4000-5000 thrust range. 98-6G White Thunder or C* perhaps? (For all those rockets we built under the misguided belief that a 6 grain case should be enough for anybody. Big gap in that case size between the N3180 and the N10,000.)

Please, please, please.

Sather

Last edited:
PLEASE!!! I really want a 75-6gXL and 54-6gXL white thunder! I feel like that may be unlikely since a 75-6gXL case can't handle the pressure of a C* load and the 5.3 grain WT uses a funky grain geometry as it is. If I could have 6 grain XL WT loads, I would probably never fly anything else, white thunder is hands down the coolest propellant out there.....

No question about it - White Thunder is the coolest motor they make. C* comes in a close second I think.

I'll recycle my request from another thread:

I'd like to log a request for a Pro98 5G+spacer Skidmark which would yield nearly a full M (9582M2195?) that I can fly in CA.

Thanks for listening, Jeroen!

Back