Tripoli Mid-Ohio Season Opener November 18-19, 2017.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Gary,

Curious when would a Go/No Go decision be made? Saturday looks dubious right now. It is a couple hour drive for me and just wondering when and where I should look before I start making the drive.

Thanks!

Maybe 2 TRA records then, my son and I will attempt K-Hybrid record, if we can finish our project in time.

Probably going to scrub our flight if the weather forecast holds. Too windy to go high on Sat and probably won't be able to keep my N2O warm enough on Sunday. Maybe next time......

Well, according to Gary's post on the TMO forum, he said that the launch has been scrubbed.
The next launch will be on December 9th. Come one, come all and fly some serious AP!

Thanks,

Well, the board has met and it has been decided that the weather is just too iffy to expect folks to come any distance for a launch. Saturday is now guaranteed to rain (1oo% chance) and winds above the maximum speed according to the safety code. Thunderstorms are expected Saturday and a temperature drop to the low 30's plus even higher winds on Sunday.

It's hard to know what is too early or too late to postpone a launch but the forecast has only worsened throughout the week. As the title says the launch is scrubbed for this coming weekend. We are now looking at December 9th.

Thank you all for your support and we apologize that our scheduling seems to conflict with Mother Nature. Not a lot we can deo about that. It's been a year full of weather.........if you know what I mean. :wink:

Just curious if Dec 9 is looking good or not?

Wouldn't you know, the last couple weekends have been nice, and when it comes launch time - they are calling for 31 degrees (feels like 18) with winds 13 MPH gusting to 28 !! <groan>

Honestly Sunday looks better to me, possibly we could have the launch then.
But, that's all up to the TMO BoD.

Thanks,

We are always "GO" until we are not. :) At a week out it is impossible to say. If the weather looks bad or the fields are a swamp, the BoD will make a call on Thursday. Sorry, that is the best we can do.

We are always "GO" until we are not. :) At a week out it is impossible to say. If the weather looks bad or the fields are a swamp, the BoD will make a call on Thursday. Sorry, that is the best we can do.

Hopefully Mother Nature gives good weather, it's actually starting to look decent, 33 degrees, cloudy winds up to 9 MPH.

Thanks,

The BoD has met and we are scrubbing the 12/09 launch and rescheduling it for 12/16. I know that this is in conflict with the fine group at WSR, but all of us will have to deal with it. Merlin Missiles will not be at this launch, so if you need anything, contact Lee and I will see that it gets to the field.Here's hoping for good weather.....

The BoD has met and we are scrubbing the 12/09 launch and rescheduling it for 12/16. I know that this is in conflict with the fine group at WSR, but all of us will have to deal with it. Merlin Missiles will not be at this launch, so if you need anything, contact Lee and I will see that it gets to the field.Here's hoping for good weather.....

You know our fields aren't that far apart if someone needs to drive over to the WSR field to get something on the day of the launch. Looks like about 10 miles as one of your rockets drift Gary. Googled it, 11.3 miles/16 minutes.

Carter I will pass that along. Of course, Lee could always load up Herc and just launch it in our direction...... :)

I forgot to mention that we will be late to our field on the 16th. Most of the club is going to the new Star Wars movie in Huber at 8:30. An hour of previews and then the movie, plus the drive to the field means we will probably won't get to the field until around noon.

Well, I know it's just a little early to say, but...
The weather for Saturday looks great!
Hopefully the weather forecast stays good!
I think I should be able to go to this launch.

Thanks,

Well, I know it's just a little early to say, but...
The weather for Saturday looks great!
Hopefully the weather forecast stays good!
I think I should be able to go to this launch.

Thanks,

The snow didn't show up today. Hopefully it stays away the next few days although it looks like 90% probability for the next few days. Saturday looks a little warmer than I would like right now. It would be better if it stays below freezing given all the snow/rain they are predicting.

Back