OpenRocket File Navigation

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charles_McG

Ciderwright
Reaction score
This seems really basic - so I'm wondering if there's a Java setting I'm overlooking. I can't open or save files in open rocket (Win 7) except to and from the Desktop. That's for v13.09. V13.05 limited me to the folder OpenRocket was launched from. The file navigation dialog comes up, but all the folder icons are inactive. Clicking on them does nada.

dumb question, where did you put the OpenRocket 'program' file?
rex

Hi,

Can you tell what version of Java you are using and on what version of Windows? That problem sounds very peculiar. There is a setting in the Swing file selection dialogs that would cause inability to navigate directories, but that should affect everyone if that were the case...

Cheers,
Sampo N.

Win 7 SP1 on an Asus eeeSlate. Java 7.25.

But I just noticed that Windows id 64 bit and Java is reporting itself as 32 bit. I wonder if that could be an issue.

Running 32 bit Java on 64 bit Windows is not a problem.

Have you tried running the OR process as an Administrator? As Sampo says it's peculiar - and possibly a permission problem.

Doug

I just figured out recetly that I _can_ navigate folders by highlighting them and clicking 'open'. Simply double-clicking on them doesn't work, still.

Back