AeroTech - WartHog (89018) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Initiator001

Reaction score
When it came time to develop a second generation of AeroTech kits, I had several ideas.

One was to create a model which looked somewhat like a Hellfire anti-tank missile. Alas, while I could use the fins from the HV Arcas kit and get an inexpensive extruded mold made for the conduit pieces, a new nose cone mold was out of the question. Since AeroTech only had one 2.6" diameter nose cone mold, that was used for the kit.

Many years later, I decided to make a model of 'my' WartHog design. Thanks to the use of an Estes PNC-80 nose cone, I had my model.

I have only flown it a few times but I really like the look of the model. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to be clear: this is not a scale model of anything?

I want to index it correctly.

Welcome to the Aerotech Wart-Hog (89018) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Aerotech Wart-Hog and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Aerotech: Wart-Hog: #89018

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Aerotech Wart-Hog (89018) Basic Information.

aerotech.gif
Aerotech Consumer Aerospace

Wart-Hog

Introduced: 1992
Final Year:
Designer: Bob Sanford

Type: Sport
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 37"
Diameter: 2.6"
Span:
Weight: 14 oz

Mfg. Description: Not exactly an aerodynamic beauty, but it's a lot of fun to build and fly. WARTHOG borrows design features from a number of missiles and research rockets to give a "special" look. Finish the way you see here or use the multitude of decals to reflect your own unique style. (AeroTech 1992 Catalog)

=====

As tough and stout as its namesake, the Aerotech Wart-Hog blends E, F, and G performance with the construction convenience of molded fins and self-adhesive decals to create a large rocket of a different breed. (Aerotech 2007-2008 Catalog)

aerotech%20-%20warthog%20-%2092%20cat%20livery.jpg
(Aerotech 1992 Catalog)
aerotech%20-%20warthog%20-%2007-08%20cat%20livery.jpg
(Aerotech 2007-08 Catalog)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Back