SCALE - (BGM-109) Tomahawk Cruise Missile Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horaryelrod100

Reaction score
Got this hot rod finished yesterday. Had a wee bit o' trouble with wind during the painting process, making the red fins come out less than stellar...sooo, I reapplied another coat of primer, and just went with solid white appearance.

I believe there was a thread for this kit not long ago.....I searched, but did'nt see it in "gallery". Anyway, here she is. Along with the mighty LFB they provide you in the package.

TOMAHAWK7-10-2011003.jpg

TOMAHAWK7-10-2011001.jpg

TOMAHAWK7-10-2011002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
heres mine. I messed up on the placement of the aft decals.But It still came out OK. It flew this sat 07/16/11 at Cmass and was a great flight.

Tomahawk9.JPG

Tomahawk8.JPG

My Tomahawk and goony of the tomahawk. The only paint was the metallic pearl white acrylic. The Red and Blue are all solid swatches of decals I made and printed, to guarantee a color match with the rest of the decals.

(I made no cardmodel, like I usually do to complete the set, since I already have the Quest MicroMaxx version of the Tomahawk, as was posted earlier in the thread.)

IMG_0282.jpg

Welcome to the SCALE (BGM-109) Tomahawk Cruise Missile Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the (BGM-109) Tomahawk Cruise Missile and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Quest: Tomahawk Cruise Missile (MMX): #5641
Quest: Tomahawk SLCM Cruise Missile: #3007

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

The Tomahawk is a long-range, all-weather, subsonic cruise missile. Introduced by General Dynamics in the 1970s, it was designed as a medium- to long-range, low-altitude missile that could be launched from a surface platform. It has been improved several times and, by way of corporate divestitures and acquisitions, is now made by Raytheon. Some Tomahawks were also manufactured by McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing Defense, Space & Security)

The Tomahawk missile family consists of a number of subsonic, jet engine-powered missiles for attacking a variety of surface targets. Although a number of launch platforms have been deployed or envisaged, only sea (both surface ship and submarine) launched variants are currently in service. Tomahawk has a modular design, allowing a wide variety of warhead, guidance and range capabilities.

There have been several variants of the BGM-109 Tomahawk employing various types of warheads.

AGM-109H/L Medium Range Air to Surface Missile (MRASM) - a shorter range, turbojet powered ASM with bomblet munitions; never entered service.
BGM-109A Tomahawk Land Attack Missile - Nuclear (TLAM-A) with a W80 nuclear warhead.
BGM-109C Tomahawk Land Attack Missile - Conventional (TLAM-C) with a unitary warhead.
BGM-109D Tomahawk Land Attack Missile - Dispenser (TLAM-D) with submunitions.
BGM-109G Ground Launched Cruise Missile (GLCM)- with a W84 nuclear warhead; withdrawn from service in 1987.
RGM/UGM-109B Tomahawk Anti Ship Missile (TASM) - radar guided anti-shipping variant; withdrawn from service in the 1990s.
RGM/UGM-109E Tomahawk Land Attack Missile (TLAM Block IV) - improved version of the TLAM-C.

Ground Launch Cruise Missiles (GLCM) and their truck-like launch vehicles were employed at bases in Europe; it was withdrawn from service to comply with the 1987 Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty. Many of the anti-ship versions were converted into TLAMs at the end of the Cold War. The Block III TLAMs that entered service in 1993 can fly farther and use Global Positioning System (GPS) receivers to strike more precisely. Block IV TLAMs are completely redesigned with an improved turbofan engine. The F107-402 engine provided the new BLK III with a throttle control, allowing in-flight speed changes. This engine also provided better fuel economy. The Block IV TLAMs have enhanced deep-strike capabilities and are equipped with a real-time targeting system for striking fleeting targets.

Last edited:
Quest Tomahawk Cruise Missile (MMX) (#5641) Basic Information.

quest.gif
Quest Aerospace

MODEL NAME: Tomahawk Cruise Missile Also known as:

NUMBER: #5641

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Scale
Motor Mount: 1x6mm
Recovery: Streamer
Stages: 1
Length:
Diameter:
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: No significant text in 2000 Catalog

Advertising Liveries

quest-tomahawk%20cruise%20missile%205641-2000%20cat.jpg
2000 Catalog

Face Card(s)

quest-tomahawk%20cruise%20missile%205641-face%201.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Quest Tomahawk SLCM Cruise Missile (#3007) Basic Information.

quest.gif
Quest Aerospace

MODEL NAME: Tomahawk SLCM Cruise Missile Also known as:

NUMBER: 3007

Introduced: 1994
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Scale
Motor Mount: 1x6mm
Recovery: Streamer
Stages: 1
Length:
Diameter:
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: No significant text in 2000 Catalog

=====

The US Navy Tomahawk SLCM Cruise Missile is the "weapon of choice" for a wide variety of military operations and is able to be launched from ship or submarine. The Quest Tomahawk Cruise Missile model rocket is an eye-catching reproduction which features a unique boat-tail construction and "air scoop" with flights up to 800 feet. This model rocket is a "must have" for any serious military model enthusiast! (Quest 2013 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

quest-tomahawk%20slcm%20cruise%20missile%203007-2000%20cat.jpg
2000 Catalog

quest-tomahawk%20slcm%20cruise%20missile%203007-2007%20web.jpg
2007 Web Ad
quest-tomahawk%20slcm%20cruise%20missile%203007-2013%20web.jpg
2013 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

quest-tomahawk%20slcm%20cruise%20missile%203007-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Why are the Post Dates out of sequence in this thread ?

2011 posts are preceding 2009 posts, yet a recent 2020 post is where it belongs . . .
Maybe it has to do with the fact that the various galleries are being worked on and consolidated, and may include posts that were from the "old" TRF or before the XenForo update a couple of years ago.

Back