What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got some more wraps done.

The antenna are just sitting on top of the rudder (not glued yet). Need to paint these first.

IMG_2359.jpg

I did a quick design for a 3d printed case for my Eggfinder Rx LCD and 3S 1500mAh battery (just because I had several extra of those batteries laying around). It's all assembled and ready for some rocket flights this weekend.

IMG_0810-2.jpg

Filled a 5 gallon bucket with soapy water and will wash the Wildman Jart prior to assembly. It's the original small f/g kit offered as a Black Saturday item a number of years ago.

Getting my fiber glass building chops up. Liking the methods and results so far. Anticipating a Madcow 2.6" DD Screech and want a good skillset before I start.

Cleaned up the wrecked bits bucket, tore apart El Stretcho, vowed not to use BSI 15min epoxy for anything that matters.

I buttoned up the AV bay and packed chutes in my Extreme Wildman for Mini Midwest Power on Saturday. Try number two at L3 cert

Flew four rockets at NSL. Started with my Apogee Aspire on an E9-8, first flight of the launch! Followed it with my Dual deploy Argent on an H115 Dark Matter. Great flight to 2304 ft. Next was my Blackstar Junior on an I364 Fast Jack to 4361 ft. Easy recovery about 100 yards from the pad. Last flight was Jughead, my 5"Jart with an L900 Dark matter. Wowed the crowd, but had a separation of the fincan when the main came out at 1100 feet. We had to drive a bit to recover it, but got both pieces back. The N/C and avbay came down under the main chute with the Eggfinder. After a 3 mile drive around to Alamatero road, we walked right to it in about 1/4 mile. Then we drove down to the end of the road and picked up the signal from the CSI tracker that was taped to the drouge shock cord. It broke right at the knot for the 12" drogue. About 8 lbs. of fincan and motor casing landed in soft dirt under a tiny drogue and sustained a small crack at the base of a fin.
We still hope to fly Sharon's saucers and Warp Core Breach at the night launch this evening, but the wind might be a factor.

Dropped the long nosecone from my Cruiser into the mail for LOC to exchange for a short one.

Operation Boattail is a go!

With a temperature of 90F, a dew point of 77 and heat index of 103 I did what any sane person would do. I stayed in the house with the AC set at a comfortable 75 and dreamed about cooler days while the DARS club braved the elements over at the Gunter field.

Got primer on my MAC Scorpion and MadCow Tomach. Wet sanded the Tomach. Got all the measurements and sanding done on my Wildman Punisher 3.

Sat inside and sulked that I couldn't go out and cut the grass while it was pouring buckets! So I had to choose between building a rear eject Alpha or start on a Baby Bertha. Alpha and a Xtra large coffee cup are on the table :cool:

Sat inside and sulked that I couldn't go out and cut the grass while it was pouring buckets! So I had to choose between building a rear eject Alpha or start on a Baby Bertha. Alpha and a Xtra large coffee cup are on the table :cool:

Good choice, and welcome to the forum.

My Vanish 29 (own design) got the final polish and wax today. If the weather holds, I'll fly it next weekend. More info after I fly. :)

Also, I finished my Jawstand 1010 launch pad.

Nice work on both the rocket and the Jawstand launcher. I bought a Jawstand but haven't put together a rail for it yet. Nice to see other folks ideas.
Cheers!

I got out the four High Power rockets I plan to take to Rock Lake in Alberta next month. I've been "nearly finished" them all for years. I'm trying hard to have them all done before I get on the road this time.
I was happy to be able to get two transmitters set up and tested. I also was able to connect to one altimeter. I have to locate a cable to connect to my Ravens. Still can't get my PC to work with the ARTS. I haven't given up but I have shelved it for now.

My place looks like a disaster area. Tomorrow, I hope to do some primer work.

Eight flights (two at night) at the first day of NSL. It was kinda windy here today - should be better starting late morning tomorrow (or so says the NWS).

Glad you are having fun at FITS, Ryan.

Back