!!!Fatboy Project Complete!!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronoraa

Reaction score
Fatboy project complete, Potential launch set....
September 11, 2006

The Fatboy project is now complete!!! Check out the completed construction project using the link below.

We also hope to launch this Tuesday or Wednesday depending on the weather in our launch area. Check back soon for updates.

www.aaron&wingki-model-rockets.net

IMG_3823_mr.jpg
IMG_3822_mr.jpg

:D :D :D :D

The Fat Boy looks great Aaron! Especially like the video set to Megadeth on your website, very cool. Somebody with a taste for metal and a rocket obsession... I think we'd get along fine.:)

Yeah, we have one still in the package. We also found out that one of the local hobby stores, AMATOS in Middletown, CT, has at least two or three left. We have bought two from them and may go back and get more. It is a fun rocket to build and I hear a fun one to launch.

Yeah old school Megadeth rocks. I had to pull that one out. Maybe one day I will do a complete track version. Did not have enough launches under our belt to do the whole track Justice.

HMMMM. That gives me an idea. Maybe next time I will use something off the ...And Justice for All Metallica album!! MOUHAAAAAAA!!!!

IMG_3969_mr.jpg

:rolleyes:

umm one thing wrong with that :(

ITS A STOCK MMT!!!! :D you should have at least gone 24mm :)

other than that is looks nice

thanx, Ben

24 mm?* Nah.... I think the Fat Boy is great on a C6-5 or C6-3. It's a great small field performer. I almost lost mine the other day, however. It flew over a set of trees and landed in the next field.

Of course, I have a 3 x 18 mm Fat Boy as well.

Aaron & Wingki, you guys do great work! Your rockets could be display models. I love how you build them stock and don't overbuild. After years of overbuilding I am trying to become more like you! By the way, now I *have* to go out and buy one. :D

If you want more altitude with the Fat Boy with that stock MMT, shove in a D21 and let 'er rip!!!:D From what rocksim says, it should go about 1025 ft.

Edit: Oh, and if you do it, make sure the motor is TIGHT in there. You wouldn't want the motor to eject instead of the recovery system.

Hey arron I got one that flys on 4 E9's:D its something to think about when ya get another one. when ya do it and see it fly ya will be saying oooohhhhh yyyyaaaaaaa

I have three Fatboys'- all stock (except paint). Great to fly on C6-3's. My two kids and I drag race them.

Back