FlisKits: New Decaffeinator Accessory!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Oh my stars!

It's not bad enough that we put together a 6 foot tall pile of foam coffee cups, called it a Decaffeinator and then started selling it...

...NNnnnooooooo, that wasn't enough!

We had to go find a 2 foot wing span foam glider to slap to the side of it.

sheesh!

Got a Decaffeinator ?

Go get one of the most outrageous accessories ever!

Don't own a Decaffeinator ??

Well, fer cryin' out loud, go git one!

Seriously, they're a hoot :D

jim

Cool! You gonna make one for the Espresso, too? The little shuttle gliders for the TriGlide should be about the right size... ;)

WW

Hey Jim, I just sent you an email with an order in it. By the way, are the Richter Reckers in stock?

I think the SkyRaider glider you're selling is the same one I used for the rocket in this picture and the four following it in the photo gallery. And yes, two things are missing in the fifth photo: (1) one horizontal stabilizer on the red glider sheared right off, thanks to boosting on an Aerotech E18 motor; (2) the blue glider did a return-to-launch-site abort partway up.

Yep, they look like sky raiders :) Great little plane. In the instructions for our version we recommend that you hot glue the wings in place.

As for the Richter Recker, yep she's back in stock.

I also verified that I updated the web site. Several items that were listed as out of stock are now back in stock :)

jim

Well, I got my order with my second Richter Recker, as well as my Decaffeinator and its new glider accessory.

Jim, I noticed something unusual about the glider. There's this nice little hole punched through the aerodynamic center of each wing. Wasn't sure what the holes were for, until I discovered they're exactly the right size for these, which you described in this thread. I know, because I bought a dozen of those little lights to play with.

Could that be what you had in mind when you modded the glider kits? ;) ;)

Tom,

You are right, that's what the holes are for :) Guillow's has a version of that glider that comes with a pair of the lamps. I couldn't see adding that cost to the kit as the **vast** majority of customers are going to fly this in the day time.

That is a recent modification to that glider. I imagine it would be months before you started to see them on the shelves. We have them because we ordered from more recent inventory :)

I will be most interested in any feedback on this accessory!

jim

Back