Rocket Challenge

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigone5500

Reaction score
Ok....tell me you guys saw it...on the Science Channel

It's on my DVR!!!! Man that was an awesome show. This one rocket went ~1400 MPH! I think it was a 54mm min dia. He got the first place that event. It's repeating if you want to catch it again. It's of LDRS 2003. One team got the record for the most rockets launched at once. I think it was 283 or so. All on A motors.

Yep, that was a Shadow Composites Shock Value flown by Dan Stroud. Amazing rocket - all CF.

GACK! Why didn't I know? I would have losed to have seen it! Anyone know of upcoming shows?

It replays at 1am EST and 5am EST on the Science Channel (284 on DirecTV). The show is called "Supersonic Speed Demons".

The show is also on the Science Channel SEP 03 2006 @ 07:00 PM and SEP 04 2006 @ 02:00 AM.

John

Originally posted by DaveCombs
It replays at 1am EST and 5am EST on the Science Channel (284 on DirecTV). The show is called "Supersonic Speed Demons".

Channel 101 on my Suddenlink cable.

Originally posted by fyrfytr310
Who wants to record it for those without fancy channeling?

I got it on my DVR...but how to get it off there? Anyone ever messed with a motorola cable dvr? It's got usb and firewire ports and all on it.

Hey smoke-eater: I'll DVR it and see if I can get it transfered to VHS for you.

Where in SW OH are you exactly? (PM if necessary)

Hamilton, just north of Cincy. Is New Lebanon near the Lebanon I would know?

Nope, further north and straight west from Dayton. But one of my best friends lives in Lebanon (a Springboro expatriat).

A coworker is in a club that launches at VOA park down your way. Been there?

Back