Built the "Caution Rocket" and "Nebula" tonite...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bohica

Reaction score
Both were very simple and look pretty darn good.:D I will do a flight report tommorrow...

I like to build the card stock rocks, add more nose weight, and put them up from my back yard on C6's with the biggest chute I can squeeze in them. I write my name on it, with a request to contact me letting me know how far it drifted, but have never heard from any one yet. The last one I did, was a Fliskits Midnight Express, with a C6-5, and it had a 24" Estes chute stuffed in it. I put some red chalk powder in, so I could see it when it ejected, and using binoculars, verified the chute deployed. I followed it with bino's as far as I could, and it was still pretty high up when I lost sight. It was hard to tell, but I'm pretty sure it was riding a good thermal.

Originally posted by astrowolf67
I like to build the card stock rocks, add more nose weight, and put them up from my back yard on C6's with the biggest chute I can squeeze in them. I write my name on it, with a request to contact me letting me know how far it drifted, but have never heard from any one yet. The last one I did, was a Fliskits Midnight Express, with a C6-5, and it had a 24" Estes chute stuffed in it. I put some red chalk powder in, so I could see it when it ejected, and using binoculars, verified the chute deployed. I followed it with bino's as far as I could, and it was still pretty high up when I lost sight. It was hard to tell, but I'm pretty sure it was riding a good thermal.

BWAHAHHAHAHAHAA!!!! Great idea! I did'nt see plans for the Midnight express is it still available or did I just overlook it?

The M.E. plans are about half way down on the "Free Stuff" page of Fliskits site. Just below the skins for the A.C.M.E.. Nice little rocket, a bit more challenging than the Caution.

Back