Trojan Hybrids.....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We could start by figuring out who the major manufactures are, and then figuring out who may or may not be interested in working with Hybrids.

We could probably eliminate some of the motor manufactures right away.

Quite a game of Clue we have here...

Originally posted by ContrailRockets
We could start by figuring out who the major manufactures are, and then figuring out who may or may not be interested in working with Hybrids.

We could probably eliminate some of the motor manufactures right away.

Quite a game of Clue we have here...

This is hobby rocketry. Major manufacturer is an oxymoron unless you include Jerry Irvine and U.S. Rockets. :)

Anthony J. Cesaroni
President/CEO
Cesaroni Technology/Cesaroni Aerospace
https://www.cesaronitech.com/
(941) 360-3100 x101 Sarasota
(905) 887-2370 x222 Toronto

Anthony,
Is something new coming for the Hypertek line?

Doesn't sound like you have made an admission that CTI is doing something, but you are "in the know".

Anthony,

Doesn't sound like you have made an admission that CTI is doing something, but you are "in the know".

You may have missed my point. Trojan is a well known and marketed condom. Am I in trouble for saying condom on this list? :) Latex is probably not a bad classical hybrid fuel actually. Not sure we want to do anything classical as far as hybrids are concerned.

Anthony J. Cesaroni
President/CEO

Originally posted by Anthony Cesaroni ; You may have missed my point. Trojan is a well known and marketed condom. Am I in trouble for saying condom on this list? :) Latex is probably not a bad classical hybrid fuel actually. Not sure we want to due anything classical as far as hybrids are concerned.

Not with so many "me too" Minor Hybrid Motor Manufacturers out there!

That’s why you have to have a product that is different from the rest. One which stands on its own in the market.

Somewhere along the line we figured that we had something which could compete in the market.

These Trojan Motors, if they use HT stuff or not... are going to be interesting.

BTW, Korey, you deserve a lot of credit for the HT motors.

Tom

Not with so many "me too" Minor Hybrid Motor Manufacturers out there! [/B]

I'm a 'me too'er' minor hybrid manufacturer!

I hafta sit at the little kids table at Thanksgiving and everything :mad:

:D

That’s why you have to have a product that is different from the rest. One which stands on its own in the market.

Somewhere along the line we figured that we had something which could compete in the market.

These Trojan Motors, if they use HT stuff or not... are going to be interesting.

Tom

Credit where credit is due I guess. Still the total HPR propulsion market is less than a million dollars per year and that is the mainstay of keeping it alive. It has at least 4 solid motor manufacturers active and more than that involved in hybrids. You want selection, well you have it. Do the math. The problem is that the market share is so small that it is not viable for a brick and mortar manufacturer to participate given the costs involved for a real business. So the hobby loses because the overhead of developing new products and real technology just wont meet the bottom line unless the manufacturer is running their shop out of their garage or some other low overhead scenario. Even then, it's just a variation of pyrotechnics these days, not real rocket science and manufacturing technology IMO. It's also a very cost sensitive market. Add to that EX, (the term research dumbfounds me because it doesn't fit the definition) and you have another slice of the pie. Don't get me wrong about EX BTW, I'm a lifetime RRS member. Still, the volume of EX shots in terms of Ns at the last LDRS was over 40% IIRC. Don't forget the regulatory problems in the hobby either.

How long do you think the status quo will survive and technologically advance along these lines?. I enjoy sport rocketry and fortunately it's not my company's day job.

Anthony J. Cesaroni
President/CEO

Originally posted by Anthony Cesaroni
Credit where credit is due I guess. Still the total HPR propulsion market is less than a million dollars per year and that is the mainstay of keeping it alive. It has at least 4 solid motor manufacturers active and more than that involved in hybrids. You want selection, well you have it. Do the math. The problem is that the market share is so small that it is not viable for a brick and mortar manufacturer to participate given the costs involved for a real business. So the hobby loses because the overhead of developing new products and real technology just wont meet the bottom line unless the manufacturer is running their shop out of their garage or some other low overhead scenario. Even then, it's just a variation of pyrotechnics these days, not real rocket science and manufacturing technology IMO. It's also a very cost sensitive market. Add to that EX, (the term research dumbfounds me because it doesn't fit the definition) and you have another slice of the pie. Don't get me wrong about EX BTW, I'm a lifetime RRS member. Still, the volume of EX shots in terms of Ns at the last LDRS was over 40% IIRC. Don't forget the regulatory problems in the hobby either.

How long do you think the status quo will survive and technologically advance along these lines?. I enjoy sport rocketry and fortunately it's not my company's day job.

Anthony J. Cesaroni
President/CEO
Hey Anthony, we agree on something!

Wow, this could be the "Clash of the Hobby Propulsion Titans"

If I remember correctly, the Trojans took the masses by surprise...:)

what's in your horse?

Johnnie

Originally posted by Johnnierkt
Wow, this could be the "Clash of the Hobby Propulsion Titans"

If I remember correctly, the Trojans took the masses by surprise...:)

what's in your horse?

Johnnie

It is a hobby, There shouldn’t be any Clashes... It is just someone making a move for more of the market. Hoping to produce something that is desired, and useful to customers.

Is it a "move" for market share? Maybe...
Even if the market is small who is to say that there isn't room for something new?

Hello Everyone!

Seems like there is already some buzzz out there.
I would rather not say much about our products just yet. But feel free to speculate. We will drop in some information as time goes by.

And No, they don't use Latex as a fuel ;)

It is a hobby, There shouldn’t be any Clashes... It is just someone making a move for more of the market. Hoping to produce something that is desired, and useful to customers.

Is it a "move" for market share? Maybe...
Even if the market is small who is to say that there isn't room for something new?
I have an idea what it's all about, based on the clues given. I've been thinking about using something different that would be applicable to hybrids, if we ever bring back our line. But I better keep my mouth shut...

Originally posted by Trojan_Motors
Hello Everyone!

I would rather not say much about our products just yet. But feel free to speculate. We will drop in some information as time goes by.

What's with the secrecy? ;)

Go ahead....

The 200 hybrid flyers out there anxiously await the news of your new products! :)

After a number of years marketing companies--from large corporations to startups, yes, buzz is great and should be strived for, but it in turn really ups the ante when the company/product is finally unveiled.

Let's hope we're not disappointed...

-Tim

Hello Everyone!

Ok, a little speculation.....www.trojanhybrids.com

then do a "whois"...

and you get;

WHOIS Record For
trojanhybrids.com

Certified Offer Service - Make an offer on this domain
SSL Certificates - Make this site secure
Site Confirm Seals - Become a trusted Web Site
Domain Name.......... trojanhybrids.com
Creation Date........ 2006-08-23
Registration Date.... 2006-08-23
Expiry Date.......... 2007-08-23
Organisation Name.... Thomas Sanders
Organisation Address. 49 N. Acoma Blvd.
Organisation Address. Suite 2
Organisation Address. Lake Havasu City
Organisation Address. 86403
Organisation Address. AZ
Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

Admin Name........... Thomas Sanders
Admin Address........ 49 N. Acoma Blvd.
Admin Address........ Suite 2
Admin Address........ Lake Havasu City
Admin Address........ 86403
Admin Address........ AZ
Admin Address........ UNITED STATES
Admin Email.......... [email protected]
Admin Phone.......... +1.5209904721
Admin Fax............

Tech Name............ YahooDomains TechContact
Tech Address......... 701 First Ave.
Tech Address.........
Tech Address......... Sunnyvale
Tech Address......... 94089
Tech Address......... CA
Tech Address......... UNITED STATES
Tech Email........... [email protected]
Tech Phone........... +1.6198813096
Tech Fax.............
Name Server.......... yns1.yahoo.com
Name Server.......... yns2.yahoo.com

Case solved.

Originally posted by DumasBro2
Ok, a little speculation.....www.trojanhybrids.com

then do a "whois"...

and you get;

WHOIS Record For
trojanhybrids.com

Certified Offer Service - Make an offer on this domain
SSL Certificates - Make this site secure
Site Confirm Seals - Become a trusted Web Site
Domain Name.......... trojanhybrids.com
Creation Date........ 2006-08-23
Registration Date.... 2006-08-23
Expiry Date.......... 2007-08-23
Organisation Name.... Thomas Sanders
Organisation Address. 49 N. Acoma Blvd.
Organisation Address. Suite 2
Organisation Address. Lake Havasu City
Organisation Address. 86403
Organisation Address. AZ
Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

Admin Name........... Thomas Sanders
Admin Address........ 49 N. Acoma Blvd.
Admin Address........ Suite 2
Admin Address........ Lake Havasu City
Admin Address........ 86403
Admin Address........ AZ
Admin Address........ UNITED STATES
Admin Email.......... [email protected]
Admin Phone.......... +1.5209904721
Admin Fax............

Tech Name............ YahooDomains TechContact
Tech Address......... 701 First Ave.
Tech Address.........
Tech Address......... Sunnyvale
Tech Address......... 94089
Tech Address......... CA
Tech Address......... UNITED STATES
Tech Email........... [email protected]
Tech Phone........... +1.6198813096
Tech Fax.............
Name Server.......... yns1.yahoo.com
Name Server.......... yns2.yahoo.com

Case solved.

Originally posted by ContrailRockets Anthony,

Originally posted by ContrailRockets These Trojan Motors, if they use HT stuff or not... are going to be interesting.

Tom

Uhhh... This seems so ridiculous that it is comical. What's the deal Tom?

Either you a) like sending everybody on a wild goose chase or b) know nothing about your own Trojan line

I'm not sure I would rule out option b either. :D

So what exactly are you hiding from?

Originally posted by THarrison
Uhhh... This seems so ridiculous that it is comical. What's the deal Tom?

Either you a) like sending everybody on a wild goose chase or b) know nothing about your own Trojan line

I'm not sure I would rule out option b either. :D

So what exactly are you hiding from?
Maybe he's just squatting on the name...look at the creation date (today). OTOH, he ought to reserve this one too. ;)

If it's not Tom, they committed a major faux pas by not registering the names in advance of any public announcenent.

If you look at the registration date, it was today (08/23/2006) Maybe he is squating on the domain and isn't the owner/operator of the company? It costs about $15 to register a domain for a year. Not a bad investment if you know someone is going to want it later.

-Aaron

EDIT: grrr....my reply was beaten by 2 minutes....

Originally posted by garoq
Maybe he's just squatting on the name...look at the creation date (today). OTOH, maybe he ought to reserve this one too. ;)

Very possible. Seems like a good way to make friends. I guess he should add this domain to his collection while he is at it....

Originally posted by garoq
Maybe he's just squatting on the name...look at the creation date (today). OTOH, he ought to reserve this one too. ;)

If it's not Tom, they committed a major faux pas by not registering the names in advance of any public announcenent.

And maybe I'll get hit by a meteor while arming my altimeter too.:)

I don't think you understand the vicious competition among Hybrid motor makers!!!!!

Originally posted by Todd Moore
The 200 hybrid flyers out there anxiously await the news of your new products!
With so few flyers, the competition is FIERCE! ;)

Originally posted by DumasBro2
And maybe I'll get hit by a meteor while arming my altimeter too.:)

Originally posted by heada
If you look at the registration date, it was today (08/23/2006) Maybe he is squating on the domain and isn't the owner/operator of the company? It costs about $15 to register a domain for a year. Not a bad investment if you know someone is going to want it later.

-Aaron

EDIT: grrr....my reply was beaten by 2 minutes....

$1.99 Special from Yahoo Domains right now. 1st year of registration is dirt cheep.

https://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/

Didn't someone squat on www.rattworks.com?

Tom

...and the purpose for "squatting" on a domain name is?

I'm not all business savvy and stuff, but could someone tell me why Contrail would register a domain name so that "someone" else can't use it?

Johnnie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back