calculating transitions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banjo

Reaction score
im not positive what they are called, but i am trying to cut a transition? from cardstock that will connect two different dia. body tubes.

is there a program/formula i could use to create a pattern? does rocksim carry this capability? what should i know about doing this?

thanks

They are called the "frustum" of a cone.
All kinds of stuff available on the web.

If you have Excel, attached is a thing to help.
I have no idea of whom to credit it to but it works.

Has anyone seen one of these calculators that will print the output on two or more sheets? I have tried some of these for larger diameters, and the output ends up on one sheet with a good portion outside the margins and left out.

thanks everyone,

i ended up using the template widget, worked great.

hey 10foot, its just as easy to find the dimensions, using the 2nd link posted, and making your own with a protractor, compass and posterboard (or whatever).

Hmmm, wow that would be easier than piecing a pattern together and transferring it, huh?

Originally posted by 10fttall
Has anyone seen one of these calculators that will print the output on two or more sheets? I have tried some of these for larger diameters, and the output ends up on one sheet with a good portion outside the margins and left out.

The transition tools in VCP and VCT will print across as many pages as necessary, with alignment marks on each page to aid in piecing them together.

https://myweb.cableone.net/cjcrowell/vcpmain.htm

That said, it is pretty easy to just get the dimensions and mark your own.

GC

Latest posts

Back