Good bye old friends!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astrowolf67

Reaction score
The rocket gods finally collected from me yesterday. At the BluesRocks launch, I said good bye to my 24mm Fat Boy, and my Custom Aztec. They have both been excellent fliers, with many D, E, and F flights on the Fat Boy. The Aztec had made a couple of B to B flights, and at least four C to C flights. I launched the Fat Boy on an F21, boost was beautiful, and recovery looked hopeful. It looked like it landed in the top of a clump of bushes from atop the hill, but as I approached the edge of the hill, I realized the bushes, were 40-50 foot tall trees. The Aztec, flown on a C6-C6, boosted nice and straight, and landed shy of the trees, but I just couldn't locate it in the tall grass.

Anyone know who might still have these two OOP kits in stock? I had already planned to get another Aztec, as mine was pretty beat up, so I might as well replace both if I can find them.

My son just finished his Aztec - we got it locally at a hobby shop. I plan to stop by there again soon and I'll keep an eye out for you.

Back