The Launch Pad Rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I paid them $600 6 weeks ago for a dozen rockets. Tried to contact multiple times with no response. DO NOT BUY FROM LAUNCH PAD!!!

If you paid with paypal you can get a refund. I got a refund on a rocket I ordered and never received. I contacted them 3 times through their web site and once through paypal

$50 seems rather steep for a TLP kit..

TLP kits are currently OOP and out of stock too at many vendors, the owner is evidently having some serious health issues. Some TLP kits like the Nike Hercules are more than $50 so $600 for a dozen kits could be possible.

The owner needs to shut the web site down and stop taking payment. I found a vendor who sells the plans you just buy materials to build. I'm working on a AIM-9L Sidewinder. Just finished a AIM-7F Sparrow kit I found for $34.99. Some kits are still out there

TLP kits are currently OOP and out of stock too at many vendors, the owner is evidently having some serious health issues. Some TLP kits like the Nike Hercules are more than $50 so $600 for a dozen kits could be possible.

From the original post, he seems to be trying to buy from the manufacturer [TLP], not off e-bay or some other 2nd or 3rd re-seller.. So, that's why I mentioned that $50 seems rather high..

The owner needs to shut the web site down and stop taking payment. I found a vendor who sells the plans you just buy materials to build. I'm working on a AIM-9L Sidewinder. Just finished a AIM-7F Sparrow kit I found for $34.99. Some kits are still out there

Actually the website simply needs a message about the status of the company and no sales except for whatever is in actual stock ( if any).

I wish I had found this forum before the weekend. i had been watching a TLP Nike Ajax on ebay for a couple weeks, and was going to buy it friday, only to find out someone bought it that morning. Way back I built and flew the estes nike ajax, and it was a nice model. I wanted something larger this time, even if for static display (mostly), and I tried to buy the TLP kit from the site webstore.
so I started the resolution process on paypal.
i have not done any rocketry for many years, so its good I found this site, and get some ideas to work back into it. I had stopes to see the high power rocket launch at the AMA national site in Muncie a couple years ago, on a work trip and was blown away by those things.

JQ66, Uncle Mike's Rocket Shack on ebay shows they have 2 Nike Ajax's and Heavenly Hobbies says that they have at least one. The price looks way too low on Uncle Mike's Rocket Shack.

Thatnks. I did not see the plan pack for the Nike Ajax, but I did buy the one for the Nike Hercules.
Heavenly Hobbies looks like they have it, but when you go to load it into the shopping cart, it says it is out of stock.

I would contact uncle Mikes. They bought out a huge mother load of TLP stuff. Boxes of plan packs and kits.Its possible they haven't listed it all yet.

Thatnks. I did not see the plan pack for the Nike Ajax, but I did buy the one for the Nike Hercules.
Heavenly Hobbies looks like they have it, but when you go to load it into the shopping cart, it says it is out of stock.

I bought a few plan packs from them. Sidewinder, Phoenix and Nike Hercules. They are good if you don't mind locating all materials to build the rocket. I found everything on the internet

I bought a few plan packs from them. Sidewinder, Phoenix and Nike Hercules. They are good if you don't mind locating all materials to build the rocket. I found everything on the internet

Balsa Machining Service and E-rockets/Semroc are both one stop shops for any TLP plan pack parts you might want.

A few weeks back I was going to order Heavenly Hobbies but cancelled it when it came up with $48 for shipping for a couple rockets

I have ordered parts from eRockets, Hobbylinc and got the basla sheets from Specialized Balsa. I will save Balsa Machining Service and take a look. Thanks

It has been for sale for a while. Posting it on their website may be new.

Many of us here on TRF are well aware ( for many months) of the fact that the owner of TLP is experiencing health issues and that TLP's website was not reliable. As for being "toxic" thats a particularly harsh term and uncalled for.

I did, thanks for asking. PayPal refunded me. They did not respond to PayPal at all so I won by default. As for the above comment on the use of the word "toxic," I didn't read it as an insult. I think it was meant as a commonly used business term and I would agree that there may be severe damage that may greatly diminish the value to the point of it being toxic, or full of liabilities. For example, they are likely banned from PayPal and possibly other cc processing means, they may have a ton of unfulfilled orders with no means to fill them, etc. I feel badly for anyone in poor health but I don't think toxic had anything to do with that or that it was meant as an insult, rather a business full of liabilities or in otherwise severely poor public standing...or both.

You understood PERFECTLY well what I was saying :)

I know of 2 people who are filing paypal claims against TLP very soon. Between them its almost 500.00. Like I said Toxic.

I did, thanks for asking. PayPal refunded me. They did not respond to PayPal at all so I won by default. As for the above comment on the use of the word "toxic," I didn't read it as an insult. I think it was meant as a commonly used business term and I would agree that there may be severe damage that may greatly diminish the value to the point of it being toxic, or full of liabilities. For example, they are likely banned from PayPal and possibly other cc processing means, they may have a ton of unfulfilled orders with no means to fill them, etc. I feel badly for anyone in poor health but I don't think toxic had anything to do with that or that it was meant as an insult, rather a business full of liabilities or in otherwise severely poor public standing...or both.

At this stage that website & domain are toxic. Its like Sherries Hot Rockets was a few years back.

I can assume that if ill health hit you, we can all call you "Toxic" as well?
One's health is not always a "Choice" we can make, and if no one is in place to fill a gap to deal with things...
The owner probably feels like his supporters have already sharpened their knives and are lurking at his back...
On top of medical and probably financial issues.

Weren't there other issues with Sherri? not just a health thing..

I don't believe we are allowed to discuss this topic here. I recall at least one thread getting shut down as people were complaining very nastily about the situation. That said, I don't recall anyone ever mentioning health issues - let's just say there were other problems.

Bad health for over a year? Not likely. TLP has done this several times in the past operate perfectly then disappear in the shadows and continue to take money and not ship product. Chuck also has a wife/ involved in TLP why hasn't she shut the website down? Now its for sale. Sorry THEY made their site Toxic. This is the third time I know its happened sorry you get one sympathy card from me that's all.

I can assume that if ill health hit you, we can all call you "Toxic" as well?
One's health is not always a "Choice" we can make, and if no one is in place to fill a gap to deal with things...
The owner probably feels like his supporters have already sharpened their knives and are lurking at his back...
On top of medical and probably financial issues.

Bashers like this are just trying to keep this going as long as possible. They don't want resolution...just attention to their pathetic selves.
The almighty moderators should grow some and dump this asap.
New accounts pop up....bash, bash, bash.....barf, barf, barf......again complete bs....
Idiots deserve the middle finger......at least.

Jamey #5295

Bad health for over a year? Not likely. TLP has done this several times in the past operate perfectly then disappear in the shadows and continue to take money and not ship product. Chuck also has a wife/ involved in TLP why hasn't she shut the website down? Now its for sale. Sorry THEY made their site Toxic. This is the third time I know its happened sorry you get one sympathy card from me that's all.

I have pretty much finished my LAUNCH PAD KRYPTON, but can't figure out where the LAUNCH LUG is supposed to go. It's not clear in the instructions. HELP!!!

Back