New to Forum! YEAH!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronoraa

Reaction score
Apparently comcast blocked the email for verification but gmail did not. If you have this problem, change your account email if you can to a web based one like gmail or yahoo.

I am so glad that I got in. My wife and I just recently got into model rockerty and have had a blast the last month. We are looking forward to building some bigger rockets. Check out our website and see all the fun we have had.

Thanks for a great forum!

:D

AARON & WINGKI'S MODEL ROCKETS

Welcome to the forum. Great photo's on your web site, we like to see photo's here.

Thanks guys. I just learned the best way to post pictures here. Check out the photo below. I used the image button and pasted the URL in to the field. Apparently no size limitations that way. YEAH!!!

IMG_3035_mr.jpg

This is the damage after our local hobby store had a 20% off sale!

We bought 8 rockets!!!

IMG_3361_mr.jpg

Not sure if Jolina Cat is interested in rockets or not..

IMG_3158_mr.jpg

Dominick does though!!!!!

Thanks for all of the compliments....

Welcome to the forum. I like your website. I saw that you only have low power kites. You might want to get into some mid power stuff too. I did and it is a lot more fun. Just something to think about.

Thanks Timmerflyer

That is our next step.

I think I am going to order the WART HOG rocket by Aerotech or maybe the ARREAUX. We are going to have to purchase the Estes E launch pad and launcher, and the larger 3/16" launch rod also. Looks like another $150.

Thanks for the compliments.

Originally posted by aaronoraa
That is our next step.

I think I am going to order the WART HOG rocket by Aerotech or maybe the ARREAUX. We are going to have to purchase the Estes E launch pad and launcher, and the larger 3/16" launch rod also. Looks like another $150.

Thanks for the compliments.

The wart hog and arreaux need more than the Estes pad can provide. They need more power than the estes launcher can provide, and they need a 1/4" rod.

Also you might want to think about getting a reloadable motor like the 29/40-120. I have it is a great motor and in the long run you will save money.

WOW really!

I gotcha on the launch rod needing to be 1/4" and I think that the Estes E launch pad comes with a 4 ft one.

Should I just purchase the Aerotech Initiator kit to get started into higher power rockets?

Thanks

That would be a decent choice, though an even better one is to look for a local club.

They will have all the support equipment you need, a really big field, and a bunch of other people interested in the same stuff you are.

I made my own pad out of 1 inch PBC then got a 1/4 inch steel rod. works good. Heres a pic of my aerotech mustang and the pad

CIMG1849.jpg

CIMG1850.jpg

I made my own launcher too useing a push button switch, a light, and a toggle switch o ya and wires. i use a 12v car battery. it is mostly like a estes launcher. You turn the toggle on the light comes on to know the system is armed. Then the countdown and push the button, off you go into the air.

Welcome to TRF, a great place to talk rockets. Be sure to check out cool kits from other vendors, including FlisKits, Apogee, Squirrel Works, Red River Rocketry, and Sirius Rocketry. Great stuff.

Back