Weekly Coupon Alert 8/6 - 8/12

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKPilot

Reaction score
Well, here's what I know for this week . . . the coupons have returned.

Hobby Lobby

40% off coupon

Michaels

40% off coupon; also a new layout for their ads - much cleaner and more professional looking.

A Hobby Lobby just opened near me (near enough to warrant a visit, anyway). Are you getting these from a print ad? I went to their sites (hobbylobby.com and hobby-lobby.com, the one with R/C stuff) and I couldn't find the coupons dealing with rockets. But they had some fabulous deals on scrapbooking stuff... :rolleyes:

Hook me up, please... (I'm going there tomorrow anyway.)

The printable online coupon isn't available until Sunday mornings. AK is just lucky enough, that his local print add runs earlier than other areas. Ours runs in the Sunday paper.

Dave,

Checkout this link on Sunday for the 40% coupon for next week.

Greg

^^^ Many thanks. That's the coupon I saw (the one for dollhouse garbage). Although I could put some dollhouse furniture into a payloader and say I was sending up my own ISS... :D

Originally posted by akpilot
Michaels

40% off coupon; also a new layout for their ads - much cleaner and more professional looking.
I read a couple of weeks ago that Michaels had been sold.

I wonder if the new ad layout is the idea of the new owners although I'm sure that it will be months before the sale is final.

Actually what happens is that I get my Sunday advertisements delivered on Friday nights, for whatever reason. It's the same ads everyone gets, I just get them 36 hours early. I think the person that delivers our paper is either trying to help us out, or is warped. You choose. :D

It has paid off at times though, at times, you might have a 40% off coupon one week and nothing the next. So you know that on Saturday (tomorrow) you should either make that purchase or wait for something better.

You should've seen the frenzy when we all knew engines were going to be 50% off the upcoming week. Granted it was a misprint, but they honored it nonetheless.

Originally posted by BobH48
I read a couple of weeks ago that Michaels had been sold.

I wonder if the new ad layout is the idea of the new owners although I'm sure that it will be months before the sale is final.

The rocketry section looks smaller in the Michael's store near me. :(

Also, they carry a few out of production kits. I wonder when they will update their selection, if ever. Maybe they have a huge inventory to work off.

Out of production kits at Michael's store
  • 2136 Gemini DC
  • 2139 Fat Boy
  • 2170 Star Dart
  • 2182 Wacky Wiggler
  • 2184 Meteor Masher
  • 2185 Screamin' Mimi

I loathe AK.

Originally posted by astrowolf67
The printable online coupon isn't available until Sunday mornings. AK is just lucky enough, that his local print add runs earlier than other areas. Ours runs in the Sunday paper.

Michaels just had their grand opening here...

No rockets :mad:

Oh well, HL is only a block away from there ;)

Originally posted by BlueNinja
Michaels just had their grand opening here...

No rockets :mad:

Oh well, HL is only a block away from there ;)

It does seem that not all Michael's carry rockets...the one near me used to have a few starter sets, and now they have nothing.

The irony of the HL ads / coupons running in the Sunday paper is that HL is closed on Sunday. :)

Originally posted by kenobi65
It does seem that not all Michael's carry rockets...

The irony of the HL ads / coupons running in the Sunday paper is that HL is closed on Sunday. :)

I've asked the managers at Michaels as to why some carry them and other Michael's stores don't. She told me that it's based on sales - that rockets don't move that fast.

I can appreciate that, as in our area only one Michaels carries rockets out of four stores - and she's right, they're not moving. Just the other day I saw four Fat Boys still sitting on the shelves and six Blast Packs.

As for the HL ads running on a Sunday and their store not being open then, I really support that on many levels . . . one being that it gives me an equal chance to catch them on Monday morning, if need be as I avoid stores on Sundays.

I put my printer to work this week. I'm going for the Cash Value of the coupons! See y'all in the funny papers.......:p

I got a Hobby Lobby gift card for Father's day and finally used it today!

I made two trips to the store...:D so I could use two 40% coupons. Got a package of D12-3's and a package of E9-4's but on the second trip found some Quest and Estes stuff on the "clearance" wall...never knew they had one of those!:eek:

I never was interested in the X prize Vangard but...for $7.25...YEA, I'll take it!

Went over my gift card by $1.35.

Originally posted by akpilot
I've asked the managers at Michaels as to why some carry them and other Michael's stores don't. She told me that it's based on sales - that rockets don't move that fast.

That's been my understanding, too. And, since my local Michael's is in a pretty urban area, it doesn't surprise me one bit that the rocket stuff didn't sell well.

Originally posted by kenobi65
And, since my local Michael's is in a pretty urban area, it doesn't surprise me one bit that the rocket stuff didn't sell well.

This is a pretty tried and true theory, in general. I live in the "burbs" of St. Louis and after canvassing the HLs/Walmarts on the outside of the city, went into the city and found lots of OOPs. I even know of one Wal-mart that still carries Quest MMX engines (I really need to contact the store manager and ask for a discount, beings they haven't sold one pack in nearly a year).

Well, I got three 40% discount coupons for Michaels for this week and got the only three Gemini DC rockets at $10.20 each!!! For parts only...

My son got an AstroCam 110 for $14 after tax wth that coupon. It's ready to fly - I'll make sure he posts when we get them developed.

Back