Mach Buster

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fyrfytr310

Reaction score
I am starting a Rocketvision MachBuster build thread. I built this kit once when the company was still alive and have since lost it so I am going to build it again with agonizing attention to detail in hopes of making it's first and probably last flight incredibaly memorable. Check back often!

I'm going to have to find one. I really want to fly it on an AT G not just the Estes BP guys.

I have several F101's - those would be fun in that :)

Actually one of the first threads I did was about this concept. Had alot of opinoins, if you do search for mach machine you will find it.
There maybe some information in there you will find interesting.
Brian

Ok, I had to custom cut and sand the fins from two rectangular pieces of G-10 that came with the pieced together kit... Needless to say that took some time but I think they are where I want them. The kit came with a 1:1 scale drawing of the fins that I had to trace three times, cut with a band saw and sand with various grit sand paper. (Not fun!) I aslo have the Phenolic tube marked for slotting which will be next.

Shoot, my digital camera got lent out... Dang... I'll post pictures as soon as I can. Hopefully by then the fins will be attached and it will start looking like something.

I have the same kit! won it off E-Bay last year. Same thing ,came with some G10 and a pattern and some seriously strong tube and nosecone . I think I have to make my own motor mount & rings, too small for 29mm, 24mm reload will do fine but a 29mm G80 would have been cool. Good luck with you're build. Mine will have to wait till next year too many others to finish.

Steve M:D

I built this kit when RocketVision was in business several years ago and since lost it through my many moves. You don't really need any kind of centering rings just a 24mm tube about 6 inches long epoxied in place. You will need to slot the airframe too for proper fin placement. Most importantly you need to add weight to the nose cone or your bird will be highly unstable.

So what was the outcome of this build, did you ever finish it? I'm looking for one of these kits to build now.

The kit came with a 1:1 scale drawing of the fins that I had to trace three times, cut with a band saw and sand with various grit sand paper. (Not fun!)

Why not just trace once, stack three high, clamp and then cut them in the bandsaw all together? Saves effort and guarantees (nearly) that they start out the same...

Just wondering.

An Ellis Mountain G37-10 might be a possibility. This engine is 7.125 in. long and has a 24 mm. diameter. Probably ten seconds would not be a long enough delay. The EM website indicates a MSRP of $16.00 for this engine. I loved Rocketvision kits I wish they ere still in business!

Rocketron
NAR # 31475
https://www.angelfire.com/space/r_watkins/homepage.html

Back