1st scratch build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomad

Reaction score
I recently came back after being out of the hobby for a long time. I have to say things have changed alot as far as resources go. Wish there'd been an internet when I was a kid. I found JimZ's site and love that I can build the rockets I grew up flying. One question though: I downloaded the plans to replace the photon disruptor I lost on it's maiden flight years ago and was wondering how I get the length of the different body tubes. I appreciate all your help in advance and I'll post pics when I get started building.

Thanks Jim, thats exactly what I needed. I hope to start building in a few days and will post pics of my progress.

Cool. Are you building the earlier Photon Disruptor or the later Photon Disruptor II? Don't forget to post those pictures!!!:)

Here is my 2.6" Photon Disruptor II

I'm rebuilding the original. I loved my first one. Even though it only flew once it went straight as an arrow and clean outa sight. I'm hoping to get an Estes designer pack in a few days and get started. After this I'd love to see about upscaling to a 24mm size, but I'm taking it one step at a time.

anybody know where I can find plans for the larger Photon Disrupter II?

thanks again.....after I find my reading glasses I should have enough to keep me busy for a bit.

Back