Redline Delays

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hospital_Rocket

Reaction score
Is there any documented or AT supported proof that preloading a Redline will cause a degredation of the delay element due to an undesireble interaction between the Redline fuel and the delay?

I loaded a couple and was unable to fly them. I need to know if I should remove the delay elements and seal them up again.

It will be about three weeks before I can use them.

Thanx

They will be fine. There is no contact between the propellant and the delay element. Also, if the delay grain looked foggy or yellow, don't use them. Get some fresh ones.

If they're newer Redlines, they should be fine. The older Redline loads had a catalyst that would absorb into the delay element making it burn faster than normal.

Were the delay elements packaged in seperate plastic baggies, if so, shouldn't have any problems.

AT has since resolved this issue.

Gotta love the Redlines, I flew an I600R last weekend, a rather pricey but very awesome motor.:D

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
It came in a separate antistatic bag.

Thanks for the reassurance.

A

Yep, you should be AOK. Also, what I would do to avoid moisture contamination is put the motors in zip lock bags and seal them tight.

Back