Cameras

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plasticpaul

Reaction score
What are good choices for still cameras to go in rockets. I launched one of my new birds today and it would be great to carry a small camera. The next part of the questiuon is how to set it up.

Help me out folks...

for starters,lots of great individual sites ,google> Rocket Cameras

still cam, not vid cam right? ...check out Ray Dunakin's site he has a very good book out on still camera payloads, you can get it from the extreme rocketry site

plasticpaul,

I am new to camera rockets. I had some good luck with the Pocket DV video. I used software that came with the camera to get stills out of the video. You can get higher resolution stills if you trigger the camera in flight. The AYUCR Pencam Controller is designed for triggering pencams. I have just recieved the controller and it requires assembly. I have found the the pencams and pocket DV for a great prices at this link. Good luck on finding a camera that matches your needs. The Pocket DV is a bit heavy at 4.4 oz with batteries. The pencams are much lighter.

Greg

Back