Saturn C-5 Sport Scale Help

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

by basher

Reaction score
For my BT-80 project, are 80, 60 and 50 the closest bt's for decent, 30' range appearences. My goal is a nice, F40W launch pic for $25.

Originally posted by by basher
For my BT-80 project, are 80, 60 and 50 the closest bt's for decent, 30' range appearences. My goal is a nice, F40W launch pic for $25.
Could you be a little more specific? What you're building, which BT's for which parts, etc.

If the main body is 2.60" (BT-80). That represents 396"

The second stage is 1.637 (BT-60) Should be 1.707" represents 260" (that's oly 0.07" off)

The Service Module is 0.976" (BT-50) Should be 1.01" represents 154". (that's only 0.043" off)

That would be pretty darn close. You would be hard pressed to spot any differences at 30'

But for an F motor I'd use a BT-80H. It's thicker.

Check out this table.

If you aren't willing to deal with Totally Tubular, SEMROC and BMS have a lot of these other tube sizes.

Don't be restricted to Estes size tubes.

BTW when you open that PDF, save it to your "desktop" just to keep it handy.;)

Originally posted by JRThro
Could you be a little more specific? What you're building, which BT's for which parts, etc.

A flying reproduction of that big ol' thang y'all got laying down there Houston. If my calculator is working right, it s/b 1:152 scale.

btw: y'all got that sucker cleaned-up yet? Is is going to be enclosed?

If a section requires strengthing, I plan on gluing in couplers. I have the BT-80H noted. Thanks again.

btw: how much would a balsa BT-80 H. John nc weigh? That sounds like alot of wood.

Balsa varies quite a bit in weight.

Best guess is between 8 and 12 oz.

Back