Guess what I got for graduation...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reed Goodwin

Reaction score
So, I was walking home from my graduation ceremony with my dad and was opening the graduation presents from him and my stepmom. When I opened the last thing, a card, I discovered that my dad and stepmom are going to take me to the cape in July to see the shuttle launch!! I just hope that they will launch decently close to the predicted date as we'll only be there for two days.
Cheers,
Reed

Oh, wow! That will be fun :D.

Congratulations on graduating

Congrats! I'm jelous! :p

NASA seems quite determined to launch in July. I hope you get to see it. It must rumble clear thru your bones! What a rush!

Of course, we want to see launch pics! :p :D :cool:

Good luck on the timing,
Pat

Very cool, very cool! From what I've read, that will be an experience you will always remember (which has a more positive spin than "you will never forget"), and it's so neat that your parents are recognizing your graduation with something that means a lot to you.
-Jim

Make sure you go on Cape Canveral: Then and Now tour they take you to see some really neat facilities and you can get really close to some of the unmanned rockets. They also take you by some of the underground launch Facilites where the remains of the Challanger have been laid to rest. Very interesting tour.

Mark

Take 3 things:

1. Sunglasses
2. Sun Screen
3. Pictures

See what the latest rules are water and water bottles.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to this. I will be taking my Canon Pro1 (7x optical zoom) and hopefully a camcorder. Good call about th e sunglasses, I hadn't really thought of that.
Reed

That's a pretty great grad gift.
When I read the thread title I was bettin' on a swift kick in the as..... um, butt. :D

Okay, all, I am about to head out to my dad's house and then to the airport. I have my Canon Pro1 and my Canon camcorder with 18x optical zoom (yeah baby!) along with clothing and other necessities. I have my fingers crossed that the weather will start to turn good soon. When I get back I am going to order a firewire card for my computer so I can download the movies. See you all in a couple days!
Cheers,
Reed

That is one of the coolest graduation gifts I've ever heard of. :) We'll be waiting for the report!

Congrats to you on your graduation.

Have fun Reed, hope ya get to see it go go go! I was getting goose bumps just watching about the launch yesterday on FOX news.

Imagine riding in that thing!?! :eek:

Great stuff, Reed. I wish I could be there, too.

For the rest of us, what is a good site to get the latest launch timetable? I hope it's televised on an international news channel.

Fooie, stupid weather kept it on the ground. Well, I guess I'll have to watch it on TV. It was fun anyway...
Reed

Don't feel too bad Reed. I wanted to go to the Cape for the longest time. We scheduled our vacation, then the Challenger blew up. We were down there two weeks after the disaster and the entire mood was of despair:(

Back