PML Patriot 1/4 for L2

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highrolla7

Reaction score
hello all,
I am looking for a good 38mm system/ reload for my L2 which will be with the PML Patriot 1/4. dont need anything too crazy, its not dual deploy. I might be adding that later on, but for now just want a nice launch and easy recovery. Any ideas, thoughts? not sure about delay either, dont need any zippers or anything!!

I know there is a special or something with the 38mm for AMW or something like that... any thoughts? Thanks guys,

I used my PML 1/4 scale Patriot with a J350 for my L2 flight. Very good combo to around 3000'. J420R for the same case would be great as well.

Of course you could get the new AMW 38-640 hardware, and use the J440BB for the L2 shot. Unfortunately, I believe the combo deal on the loads and hardware through Wildman has expired. Plus, there is a wait on the AMW loads right now.

Personal preference. Both Aerotech and AMW make fine products, as do some other HP companies.

-Eric-

A stock Patriot on any J is a very high flight, I hope you have a big field.
Good luck

Good point,

The rocket will drift considerably with the included 44" stock chute. We're talking 1/2 mile or more, wind dependent of course.

You've got room at the Crown Jewel, Highrolla. That Minie Magg was a tad over 3000' and it landed on the sod. 'Twas a relatively small 'chute but - heck, I'll loan it to ya!

Ah yes, the crown jewel!! I could probaly go 5000 and still land her on the sod.... Bring on the L
okay, just kidding, J will work

That's gonna be one heck of a flight! It should go pretty high. If that's a problem, you could always use a Pro38 J285. It's a small J and should keep the altitude down.

Pro38 5 grain.

L1 shakedown flight with a 601 ns I350SS
L2 with a 648 ns J285 - guaranteed pass
Confettl with a 634 ns I540:kill:

They light every time and you can adjust the delay at the field to suit conditions.

Pete has the case.
That's what I used.
If there is a little bit of wind, I can tell you about where it's gonna land. :D
Yours sims to about 5250' and mine to about 6650' so yours might only land a mile away instead of the mile and a half mine did. :eek:
When you're there ask the kind old lady if there is any chance she found my GPS in her driveway. :p

Greg, thats real "encouragable"!! only a mile eh? Thats pretty high. GPS? yeah, maybe i'll run across it while over there :D

Back