Bad Drivers

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m85476585

Reaction score
Today I was driving on a road near my house on the way to Home Depot. The speed limit 40, but I was going about 38. A big black SUV came up behind me and followed me for a while (a little to close, but nothing unusual), but then he all of a sudden decided to pass me!:eek: It is a narrow road with limited visibility and no passing (there is even a sign that specifically states no passing about a 1/2 mile back). It seems like drivers have gotten worse in the past week, but maybe it's because I'm learning to dirve a manual transmission.

I'll go ahead and be the bad guy. I don't like my car that much. I don't like the number of people that have moved into my area in cookie cutter houses they can't afford, clogging up the roads around me. Therefore, I loathe spending any more time than I have to in my car going somewhere that used to take me half the time.

I'm 31 and I have toned it down a lot from when I was 17 or 18, but I will still go every bit of the speed limit and sometimes 5-7 mph more. I do not mind people who go the speed limit (or within 1 or 2 mph) I am perfectly happy to be behind someone like that. I have no respect for people going 7, 10, or 15 under in perfectly good conditions. The speed limits are established with an AMPLE safety margin, and if someone has a license, he should be able to do the speed limit or a close aproximation thereof. Otherwise they are wasting my time, plain and simple.

I do not tailgate others usually. That is tacky, and will probably cause them to go slower. Plus, if they stop suddenly for no reason, I am screwed as far as accident fault. (And you've gotta think, these people are going 25 in a 40 mph zone, they're liable to do any kind of wacky thing.) Sometimes I find myself closer than a 2 second following distance, just because of the sheer magnitude of the slowness of someone in front of me. I usually try to back off if I realize it, but in really bad cases, just idling keeps advancing on their molasses-like position, and it's difficult.

One other thing. I know for a fact that every driver out there found the accelerator at some point in their trip. Why is it so hard to find after being stopped at a light. Really, they don't have to wait for the car ahead of them to clear the intersection before finally inching forward!

We moved from Phoenix because It was just too hard to drive while wearing the body armor.:D

Really, those guys give a whole new meaning to "Road Rage".:kill:

Originally posted by Rat
Really, those guys give a whole new meaning to "Road Rage".:kill:

You wanna talk road rage, you oughtta try driving on US 41 here or even in Miami where I've heard that if you do something like flip someone off, you might get shot.:eek:

Originally posted by Donaldsrockets
You wanna talk road rage, you oughtta try driving on US 41 here or even in Miami where I've heard that if you do something like flip someone off, you might get shot.:eek:
Well bad as it is over here on the other side of the pond it's not as bad as that

Originally posted by Donaldsrockets

Yeah, my wife has a habit of waving to cars as we pass them on the highway in Detroit...talk about nerve-wracking!

Originally posted by Rock_It
Man, you guys haven't seen anything. Try NC. ...

...Man, I could go on and on. If you drive into NC make sure you drive like every fool on the road is out to kill you, because they will if you let them. This is the kind of stuff we see every time we go out on the road around here.

Does it have anything to do with the education level? I got my NC license the other day, and they asked the guy in front of me to close his mouth during the photo taking...

From Loopy:

Yeah, my wife has a habit of waving to cars as we pass them on the highway in Detroit

With how many fingers?

This is with out doubt an international problem.Over here in the uk we are having an increasing problem of people just not taking their driving test and driving without insurance.i swear the next driver who sits 3 foot of the back of my truck,flashing their lights while over take on a 2 lane carrigeway is gonna get a full on brake test:mad:

I'm seeing a trend... NC, SC, and GA seem to be some of the worst. Oddly it said in the newspaper today that Atlanta has some of the best drivers in general.:confused:

9 people killed this week in separate accidents in my area, I just saw the wrong-way crash on the news.

Back