Apogee Medalist long burn motors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's frozen Handeman. But just barely. We had about 1-3" of good ice in spots then it dumped about 6" of heavy wet snow and then another 4" of light fluffy stuff on that ice. Not good. We have had some very cold weather the last few days so I am hoping the ice will be thick enough to fish on this weekend. In fact I am going to try to go walleye fishing tonight! I have never thought of launching off the ice. Thanks for the tip!

Took the time to read this whole thread and was chomping at the bit to get to Apogee's site to place an order. Got there and their still backordered. I hadn't bothered to read WHEN this thread was originally started!

It's frozen Handeman. But just barely. We had about 1-3" of good ice in spots then it dumped about 6" of heavy wet snow and then another 4" of light fluffy stuff on that ice. Not good. We have had some very cold weather the last few days so I am hoping the ice will be thick enough to fish on this weekend. In fact I am going to try to go walleye fishing tonight! I have never thought of launching off the ice. Thanks for the tip!

You're quite welcome. I never launched off the ice either. Moved away from Wisconsin before becoming a BAR. I keep thinking that launching from the center of Lake Winnebago would be great. 11 x 22 miles of NO TREES!

Something that was mentioned by whoever talked about the lake launches was that you might want to use a little big bigger chute then summer time. The ice is pretty hard on the fins.

Good luck with the walleye. I'm jealous, its been years since I've had any. :(

Back