Fat Boy Paint Schemes

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigone5500

Reaction score
I would like to see some paint schemes that you guys have done with your Fat Boys! I have one that is ready to paint but don't want the color scheme that is on the package. I'm thinking of going with a bumble bee look. Maybe some bands around the bottom or black with yellow fins....hmmm...so many choices :rolleyes:

I have two Fat Boys. One is painted stock, the other is pretty boring (but it has a 3 x 18 mm motor mount to make up for it):

Okay, I'll bite . . .

How are you guys getting the flames on your Fat Boys? Are you all that skilled with air brushes?

Here's my daughter's 4H Fat Boy.

fatboy.jpg

My Fat Boy exists specifically to use the C motors up from the bulk packs in the smallish fields that I fly in...Very basic on the paint scheme but re-christened with stick on letters at 40% off from Michaels...the "C Biscuit"...Now I've got several more C appropriate models and she doesn't get around much anymore.

https://www.planetandy.com/pacbis.html

monday already?:rolleyes:
planet out

I can't get Pinter75's link to work. Probably too old of a thread.

Here is ours. Purple and silver, we have another one built and primed, trying to figure out a paint sceme so this thread in very timely.

:)

Originally posted by akpilot
I can't get Pinter75's link to work. Probably too old of a thread.
Keep going in the thread. Someone posted the Wayback link...

I did this one for my daughter in University of Florida colors.

Originally posted by mwiggins367
paint designed by my 5 year old daughter.

Great paint design. I need to call her next time I need to paint a rocket. :D

Back