A few Soyuz pics... A Roachwerk's build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stones

Reaction score
Many hours in this build, as well as a few modifications, parts wise. Not worthy of a magnifying glass but, came out quite well.

Superb :D

If I had one that looked like THAT, I would be afraid to fly it.

Just Beautiful! A museum piece.
How tall is she? Hard to tell from the pictures.

Originally posted by Stones
The biz end
Are those twenty nozzles all motor mounts?

What do you type with the keyboard to represent a drooling noise?

Originally posted by powderburner
What do you type with the keyboard to represent a drooling noise?

*gglllllllllloololollllll*

Originally posted by powderburner
Are those twenty nozzles all motor mounts?
Now that would be a challenge. ;)
Actually, they're turned from aluminum. Both the main and vernier, as well as those behind the trusswork. Folding all those paper cones seemed more tedious then spinning them on a lathe but, I have access to the equipment.

Originally posted by Stones
Folding all those paper cones seemed more tedious then spinning them on a lathe but, I have access to the equipment.
Show-off... :kill:

She is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!! As others have mentioned there is absolutely no way you can fly that thing and risk something going wrong.

Originally posted by bsexton
As others have mentioned there is absolutely now way you can fly that thing and risk something going wrong.
It's built to fly on a 5 engine cluster. If.....IF she goes for a ride, it will be from a tower launcher. No launch lugs or buttons on the build. Didn't want to take away from the clean lines.

Don't listen to these nervous nellies saying don't fly it. Last time I checked, this hobby wasn't called "Build static models to sit on a display shelf." I heard the same stuff when I took my beautiful newly built Estes LTV Scout to NERRF last year. People couldn't believe I was actually gonna launch it, and we were at a rocket launch for crying out loud. I certainly didn't drive 2 hours to sit in the middle of a sod farm not flying. I couldn't imagine building something as beautiful as you have and not flying it, that would just be a crime.

So I hope you fly it.

And of course post the pictures on here.

Glenn

Geez...if mine comes out anything like that, I'd be ecstat.....eggstat........exx..........happy as heck!! :cool:

Great job, Stones.

I never thought of including aluminum stock with the kit and having the builder turn the parts on the lathe. That would have saved me a lot of work!

Man, do I love to see one of my creations built...and flown.:D

IMO - it ain't a rocket until it flies - it's a paperweight (though an incredible paperweight it may be).

Tnx for the kind words fellas. Great kit Gordon. After the work I put into the Soyuz, a few "leisure" builds should suffice for awhile. ;)

Here you can see the "flaws" up close. This is a pic of the platforms on the upper section. Screen was used rather than the paper application. Wanted to see how the focus is with the new digital SLR. Not bad for a compressed pic.

I think I bumped my nose!:(

That looks GREAT but really I don't think you need to get THAT close.

Back