Space 1999 Eagle

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PunkRocketScience

Reaction score
Hey all-

Just wanted to let you know that I found another site (finally) that has the drawings for a paper model of the Eagle. It's been a frustrating couple of months of looking on and off since the site that had them went down a day or so after I posted the link in the Salvage 1 Vulture paper model thread....

Here's the link:

https://www.websamba.com/paper_eagle/eagle.html

And if that one goes down tomorrow at least this time I downloaded the drawings myself! Now just to find one of the Hawk....

Wow! I checked the website and the paper model is complex. I downloaded the files and saved them. I did a preliminary search on google for the hawk with negative results. I will later do yahoo and use the advance features. If I do find it I will post it here. Thanks for the link!!!

Luckily it looks like you can do a partial build with the first few sheets. This is one of the most complex paper models I've seen. I've started doing a few others just to get enough experience to build this one! I've GOT to do a flying conversion! I'll probably end up having to add on a few little fins like the Estes X-wing....:(

funnily enough a mate was showing me his "workshop" the other day and in the corner was a diecast eagle (with cradle,tanks and winch),
i had one as a kid (and it broaght back so many happy memories)

but seeing that model . . WOW,

does anyone want/need any pics of the diecast one ?

JJ.. (JJ-UK)

i still have one of the die cast eagles sitting on my shelf, i bought it when i was 10 or so, that makes it about 30 years old..... **** im old, anyways still one of my favorites.. often thought of making a flying one.

Centuri had a flying one in the '70s...but it was like the current batch of Estes Star Wars models... The look was messed up by long "probe pods". The Eagle's add on just stuck out the back instead of the front...

I'll get the basic airframe built and see about flight testing it...

Remember when you were young, your parents 'draged' you to [their] freind's houses?

Well, this one time, I was brought along, and I was amazed to find a "GI-Joe" sized Eagle in their son's room. This thing was HUGE!! This was built for barbie / GI-Joe sized dolls! It must have been about 4-5' long. Plastic & such, and probably a European (UK) import.

I'm tryign to remeber the details... The flight crew got stuffed into their seats via the front 'wndows'. The 'command module' (where the flight crew sit) came off a la 'escape pod'. The cargo / transport module (underneath) detached & folded out like the barbie house / van, and it had a winch. It was too big to move, so I played around it.

Way too cool!!!

As for paper models, check this place out!
(If you love "crotch rocket" motor bikes, you're gonna drool!!!)

https://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/global/entertainment/papercraft/index.html

I had that and I also had the smaller version that came with it's on "3 inch" dolls. On the smaller one. The top of the command module came off and you could sit them in ther seats. the sides opend up and there was a winch and some loading boxes. The front also came off and you could zoom that thing around pretty easy. Not my picture but here's the scale of the smaller one.

https://www.space1999.net/catacombs/main/merc/eagle/flori.jpg

Originally posted by Dr Wogz
Remember when you were young, your parents 'draged' you to [their] freind's houses?

Well, this one time, I was brought along, and I was amazed to find a "GI-Joe" sized Eagle in their son's room. This thing was HUGE!! This was built for barbie / GI-Joe sized dolls! It must have been about 4-5' long. Plastic & such, and probably a European (UK) import.

I'm tryign to remeber the details... The flight crew got stuffed into their seats via the front 'wndows'. The 'command module' (where the flight crew sit) came off a la 'escape pod'. The cargo / transport module (underneath) detached & folded out like the barbie house / van, and it had a winch. It was too big to move, so I played around it.

Way too cool!!!

As for paper models, check this place out!
(If you love "crotch rocket" motor bikes, you're gonna drool!!!)

https://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/global/entertainment/papercraft/index.html

Back