Viper IV Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berlinetta

Reaction score
I purchased a LOC Viper IV and I am just getting around to putting it together. I was sanding the inside of one of the centering rings and the bloody thing shattered. I am going to place some 5 min. epoxy on the break ponts to piece it back together. What is the best way of getting the centering rings onto the 4 motor tubes? I will mention now, I have all 4 motor tube epoxied together already.

If it is a wooden CR, then I would use wood glue and some weights to compress it until the glue dries. It will probably be stronger then the original wood.

I purchased a LOC Viper IV and I am just getting around to putting it together. I was sanding the inside of one of the centering rings and the bloody thing shattered. I am going to place some 5 min. epoxy on the break ponts to piece it back together. What is the best way of getting the centering rings onto the 4 motor tubes? I will mention now, I have all 4 motor tube epoxied together already.

When I built my Loc Viper III after glueing the motor tubes togther I sanded and test fitted the centering rings until they fit onto the motor tubes.Sand little bits so they are snug on the tubes.

Back