Help Support RocketryForum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Thread: Viper IV Build

Viper IV Build

I purchased a LOC Viper IV and I am just getting around to putting it together. I was sanding the inside of one of the centering rings and the bloody thing shattered. I am going to place some 5 min. epoxy on the break ponts to piece it back together. What is the best way of getting the centering rings onto the 4 motor tubes? I will mention now, I have all 4 motor tube epoxied together already.

Post some pictures then i might be able to help.Alex

If it is a wooden CR, then I would use wood glue and some weights to compress it until the glue dries. It will probably be stronger then the original wood.
    Handeman

TRA #09903 L3 3/29/2015

"If you don't use your head, you have to use your feet!" my Dad

Tripoli Central Virginia #25 - BattlePark.org

Quote Originally Posted by berlinetta View Post
    I purchased a LOC Viper IV and I am just getting around to putting it together. I was sanding the inside of one of the centering rings and the bloody thing shattered. I am going to place some 5 min. epoxy on the break ponts to piece it back together. What is the best way of getting the centering rings onto the 4 motor tubes? I will mention now, I have all 4 motor tube epoxied together already.
    When I built my Loc Viper III after glueing the motor tubes togther I sanded and test fitted the centering rings until they fit onto the motor tubes.Sand little bits so they are snug on the tubes.
    Andy Gadbois
    CMASS Member

NAR 88064
    Level 1 Loc Hyperloc 835 I218R