Monocopter Launch Rack

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Part of my "Master Plan" is to build a series of racks with common features. One of the common features is the ability to hook up "satellite pads" to the rack that would be controlled from the same controller that handles the racks. I decided early on to use 110 plugs for this as well but I wanted to use ungrounded, 2 prong plugs. This was so that when setting up the range, there would never be any doubt as to which plug went where.

2 prong plugs are getting harder and harder to find but I found some.
I'm sorry to be butting in here so far into the discussion. I understand why you used the two prong outlets but it's a lot easier and cheaper to use regular, 3 prong duplex outlets and just cover the holes that aren't used. There are child-proofing outlets that can be used for this purpose and the ground contact hole in the outlet can be plugged with a short piece of 1/8" dowel.

Another feature of the regular outlets is the circuit between the individual outlets has a brass bridge piece that is very easy to break off and this won't compromise the mechanical integrity of the outlets electrical connections.

Finally you can't argue with the price. You can get regular duplex outlets that are UL rated for less than a buck a piece.
Art Applewhite

Back