Returning rocketeer

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blades

Reaction score
Just thought I'd introduce myself. While I've puttered around every now and then, I haven't really done much with rockets for twenty years or so. The science teacher at my wife's school got his classes involved with the Team America Challenge and I volunteered some of my knowledge. When I started looking online for more info to add to my outdated stores, my imagination was caught again. The possibilities Micromaxx gave me were particularly interesting. To my good fortune, Fliskits just started offering their components for micro models. It was through some correspondence with Jim Flis that I also found the Forum here.

I have started some Micro clones that I would like to share.
First, one of my alltime favorites:

Decals are pending for the Interceptor and Andromeda. These little ones have been all sorts of fun. The Andromeda is just about perfect. The Interceptor's nose is not quite long enough to be scale. I'll have to make another for it later.

Welcome to TRF! And welcome back; beware though, the BAR bug bites hard...

Nice looking interceptor, but gee, isn't it a little on the small side? :D

-Paul

Thanks,
Yeah, it's a bit small, but I've already got one of the real ones. ;)

Welcome aboard Blades:
Great to have you here, and I'd like to take this opportunity to invite you to join us at the MicroMaxRockets yahoo group. your models look just great! What size is your interceptor as you can see from my avatar I'm an interceptor fan also:D
My Micro Is minimum dia .281" od and she flys like a bat outa you know where on an MM-II motor I have yet to catch it in flight even with my 35mm and 800 speed film:( but OH man does she fly purrrrttttty:D

The Interceptor is built around a BT4. Length just breaks 8 inches. I haven't had a chance to fly it yet. I'm doing a demo launch for my wife's school as soon as the weather allows. That will probably be my first flight for this and many of my new micros.

The Deep Surface Probe design I ran across at Ye Olde Rocket Plans really intrigued me. Had to do a little one:

I've been downscaleing everthing I can think of, all the classics and some of the newer models.
Do you have access to T-3 tubeing? .375" OD. its a natural for many downscales giving pleanty of detailing room without the frontal area or weight of the T4 and BT-5 tubes.
fliskits has come out with a batch of different nosecones and transitions some of which fit these tubes.
Heres a few of the downscale i've done.

My Andromeda and Sprint used the T-3 tubing. So far, all my micro components have come from Fliskits.

You do nice work Micromeister. I've already downloaded some of the designs from the Yahoo group.

I think I'll be busy for a while. :D

I've always loved scratchbuilding. Here's my first scratch built micro:

Welcome back to rocketry

Welcome to TRF

Welcome to FlisKits

:D

I am thrilled that our components have helped in your return and you are doing some incredible work on those micro-downscales :)

Just so everyone knows, we (FlisKits) have tubes, nose cones, nose blocks, adapters and centering rings for the BT-3 (T3) tubes. Before too long we will also have engine mount kits available as well.

Good luck!
jim

Back