KISS method ???

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmkSignals

Reaction score
'KISS method'

Ok, I have read this a couple of times now. I did a search and found no explaination. I give up ... What is the KISS method ? Something to do with parachute ejection, I think ....

TIA, Kurt T.

(K) - Keep (I) - It (S) - Simple (S) - Stupid Basicly meaning keep it as simple as possible not all complex.

KISS is an acronym for Keep It Simple Stupid. It can refer to anything (not just rocketry) when you could easily go overboard in complexity but there is a simpler method that will work just as well.

Originally posted by MarkM
....but there is a simpler method that will work just as well.
And probably more reliably.... (less that can go wrong)

In terms of parachute deployment, KISS usually refers to using motor based ejection/deployment as opposed to electronics for deployment. Altimeters work very well for deployment of recovery devices, but motor based deployment is the easiest method - thus, Keep It Simple, Stupid!

LOL !!! OK, I like it. Makes sense since I have been searching posts regarding L2 rockets. I plan on certing L2 here with in the next couple of months.

Thanks again ... Kurt T.

Back